*Chp 21*

After surveying the scene I have about a split second 's notice before Taylor comes barrelling into me and squeezing me so tight I can't breath she literally lifts me straight off my feet. 

"Don't you ever, I mean EVER do that again. What on earth were you thinking?' 

"Umm... It was sort of a spur of the moment thing." 

"You could've burned down the school." 

I look down rather sheepishly as I answer, "But it worked..." 

She continues to glare at me but I take no notice as Jeff comes over and holds me close to him as well. He's already starting to feel like a father figure to me, "Alless darling I was soo worried. I'm not going to chastise you for what you did, it obviously saved us all even if it was a bit rash and dangerous. Thank you so much for what you've done for our pack. You basically saved us all." 

I blush ridiculously but smile up at him anyway, "Thanks Mr Thompson. But honestly what I did was a bit dangerous and risky, I would hold it against you for shouting at me because to be honest I probably deserve to be shouted at." 

Brendan spins me around to face him, "Good because I will be doing enough shouting for all of us put together. Why would you do all that? I swear, I near had a heart attack when I saw you burst in the gym doors. And don't even get me started again on when you ran off the first time." 

I playfully glare at him but then my expression becomes serious as I turn to the group again, which now includes Liam as well as Taylor and Jeff and Brendan, "Where's Jacobs?" 

Liam looks at me apologetically, "He got away. I was trying to subdue him but then got distracted when you hit the sprinklers and he got away. I don't even know how he could've gotten through all the werewolves and the smoke but he did. I followed his scent but it was already diluted when we were all soaked and I traced it to a river. He obviously travelled in the river then because his scent just stops. I'm sorry." 

"Don't worry Liam, it's not your fault. To be honest it's amazing this turned out as well as it did, it could've ended in disaster. I don't know what you're going to tell the kids to explain this though." 

Jeff answers for me, "Don't worry about that. My wife and I will think of something." 

I smile thankfully before I feel Brendan pulling me backwards towards his chest possessively as his brother Derek approaches us.  

"Well well well Alless, you turned out to be a lot more interesting than I thought you'd be. Brave and smart with a strange unknown ability? Give me a call if Brendan ever fucks up and you want to move on to greener pastures. " 

He winks at me and I giggle quietly, knowing he's only joking, but Brendan obviously doesn't as he growls at his brother and pulls me even closer so my back is flush against him.  

I quickly slap away his hands and playfully glare at him, "Behave, he's your brother." 

He just keeps glaring at Derek, "Maybe he should remember that next time he makes a pass at you." 

Derek just keeps on smiling and everyone else is laughing slightly but Brendan still doesn't really calm down.  

"Brendan I only want you ok? Now wise up and let me go." 

He calms down a bit and holds my hand as he turns to my father, "Dad are you guys ok to sort this out yourselves? I think Allie and I are going to take off back to her dorm, she probably needs her rest." 

Jeff nods, "Yes we should be fine, there's no point in you going back to school as it's so near the end of the day I'm just going to let classes out early. It's Friday and I don't see any point in letting pupils go back to their last classes after all the disruption."