𝙁𝙊𝙐𝙍 {𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙏 𝙏𝙊 𝙂𝙊 𝙃𝙊𝙈𝙀 }

𝘼𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I walk down the pier to where I see Sarah and John B having a conversation, glares pointed at each other as they spit insults.

"Hi, John B" I greet the boy who turns to me, his glare melting into a smile

"Hey, Allison" He replies.

"Are you okay?" I ask him in concern, frowning at the nasty black eye he has.

"Don't worry about me. I'll live" He chuckles, climbing onto his boat.

"Say hi to JJ for me?" I then ask and he grins.

"Will do, blondie" He assures me.

"Thank you" I smile widely.

He salutes me and I laugh lightly, doing the same back. I watch in amusement as Sarah does the same thing but sticks her middle finger up at the boy as he heads off.

"Sarah" I scold her, elbowing her gently.

"What?" She replies, linking her arm with mine as we head back to the house.

"He's nice" I tell her.

"Like JJ?" My best friend teases me.

"Yes, like JJ" I shrug with a smile "They're nice to me"

"Everyone's nice to you" Sarah huffs.

"That's because Alli is a nice person" Wheezie buts in and I grin at the younger girl.

"Thank you, Wheeze" I chirp.

"Girls, hurry up!" Ward hollers from the table.

"Come and get some lunch!" My dad adds with a warm smile.

Sarah grabs onto Wheezie and I with a happy grin, dragging us both to the outdoor dining table where both of our families are sat. I sit down in between Sarah and Rose as Wheezie sits opposite me, in between my mother and older brother, Thomas.

My father and Ward are sat at each end of the table with wide smiles as they talk real estate, bickering playfully about their rival firms. My mother and Rose chat happily about the newest issues of their favourite magazines and island gossip.

I catch Sarah making heart eyes at my big brother and I elbow her with a frown, causing her to roll her eyes.

"Who were you two talking to by the Druthers?" Thomas asks Sarah and I curiously, popping a cherry tomato into his mouth.

"Just a guy who works for us" Sarah shrugs.

"He has a name, Sarah" I counter.

"I'm intrigued, Alli. What is his name?" Thomas grins in amusement.

"John" I answer matter of factly.

"Is he cute?" My brother teases me.

"Shut up, Tommy" I huff out.