𝙁𝙄𝙑𝙀 {𝘼 𝙋𝙄𝙀𝘾𝙀 𝙊𝙁 𝙎𝙃𝙄𝙏 }

𝘼𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I turn my head and blink away my tears, looking up at the concerned looking dark haired girl above me.

"What happened?" Kiara questions, gently helping me off the ground.

"I was bored at the party and Rafe said to get a drink so I did but I got distracted and the girl just walked right into me. My drink spilled all over my dress and she yelled at me. Called me an airhead. I tried to wash the stain off but it just kept getting worse and worse. Then I told Rafe I wanted to go home but I started crying and he hates when I cry so he yelled at me too. He told me to go home because I was embarrassing him so I left and I tried to home but now I'm lost. I don't know where to go, Kie" I sob loudly.

"Hey, you're okay now" The girl assures, taking my face in her hands and wiping my tears with her thumbs "You're safe with me"

"My brother is going to be so mad if I go home like this" I stress out.

"Mad at you?" She frowns.

"No. At Rafe" I reply.

"You should be mad at him too. Leaving you on your own when you're drunk and vulnerable is not okay, Allison" Kiara explains to me.

"He just didn't want to see me cry" I try to defend him.

She sighs in defeat and takes her hands away from my face, softly grabbing onto my hand.

"I know a place that you can crash, okay? You don't have to go home" She tells me.

"Thank you" I say gratefully.

"Don't mention it" She smiles, gently tugging on my hand.

I allow her to guide me through the darkened streets until we reach an old run down house near the marsh and we head down the dirt path towards it.

"Shh, try to be quiet" She whispers as we walk onto the porch.

I nod my head and we enter the house, the sound of snoring entering my ears. My eyes turn to the direction the sound is coming from and I see a sleeping John B on the pull out sofa. Kiara leads me through to another room and sits me down on the bed.

"Is this John B's house?" I ask her curiously as she searches through drawers.

"Yeah. We call it the chateau" She answers.

"It's nice" I mumble.

"It's a piece of shit" She corrects, turning to me with a smile "But it's home"

Kiara throws something at me and it lands on my lap before I lift it to see that it's a large crewneck sweater. I furrow my brows in confusion as I stare at the fabric and look up at the girl to see her now wearing a sweater similar to the one in my hands.

"You don't need to give me this, Kie. I can just sleep in what I'm wearing" I assure her.

"Don't be stupid. Your dress is stained" Kiara argues.

"Are you sure you wanna let me wear your clothes?" I ask hesitantly.

"Of course. It's cool" She assures me.