𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔 𝙊𝙉𝙀 {𝙏𝙃𝘼𝙏𝙎 𝙈𝙊𝙍𝙀 𝙏𝙃𝘼𝙉 𝙀𝙉𝙊𝙐𝙂𝙃 }

𝘼𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

The sound of my laugh fills the air due to JJ telling me one of his many stupid jokes and it's followed by the pop of the cork from the new bottle of champagne in my hands.

"What did you do, JJ?" The voice of Pope Heyward causes me to jump in surprise.

I turn my head from my spot in the hot tub to see the boy is stood with Kiara and Makoa, the trio looking at JJ and I in disbelief.

"I got a jet going straight in my butt right now" Is JJ's amused response and I can't help but giggle.

"Y'all should get in immediately, you hear me? Salud!" JJ slurs as I fill both of our plastic glasses with the alcohol.

"How much did this cost?" Pope asks and I sip at my champagne.

"Uh...Well, with the generator, the petrol, and oh, hey, express delivery...pretty much all of it, yeah" JJ explains nonchalantly.

"All of it?" Makoa asks in disbelief.

"Yeah, all of it" JJ nods.

"You spent all the money in one day?" Pope grits out through a clenched jaw.

"Yeah, burned a hole right through my pocket. But, I mean, like, come on, guys, like, look at this! Finest in jet-based message therapy, that's what they told me" JJ tells them happily and I smile at them in my buzzed state.

"Kie, what? Can't a man have a little luxury in life?" He slurs, getting slightly angry.

"Come on, all this scrimpin' and scrapin'. I mean, like...guys, we- You only live once, right? Enough of this emotional shit. Get in the Cat's Ass. Come on" JJ tells us.

"In the what?" Kiara asks, her voice quiet.

"In the Cat's Ass. That's what we named her" JJ says, grinning at me proudly and I grin right back at him, clinking his glass with mine.

"To the Cat's Ass" I declare, lifting my glass in the air before downing its contents and JJ does the same.

"Oh, hey, yo, I almost forgot" He adds before switching on disco lights and water starts spraying up like a water fountain "Huh? Yeah, that's right, I know. Disco mode. That's right, baby!"

"Are you kidding me?" Pope snaps at the blonde "You could have paid for restitution!"

"Or literally given it to any charity!" Kiara adds and the pair's angry tones cause me to frown deeply.

"Or better yet, you could have helped us buy supplies to get the rest of the gold out of the well!" Pope continues.

"Okay, well, you know what?! I didn't do that!" JJ screams, standing up and I look up at him.

The trio in front of us very clearly spot the boy's collage of bruises and I'm scared to stand up myself because of the way that they're all looking at him.

"I got a hot tub! For my friends! I got a hot tub for my friends. You know what? No, you know what? Screw friends. I got a hot tub for my family!" JJ rants and I place my glass down next to the bottle on the side.