𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙉𝙏𝙔 𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙀 {𝙄𝙈 𝙉𝙊𝙏 𝙔𝙊𝙐𝙍𝙀 𝙍𝙀𝙎𝙋𝙊𝙉𝙎𝙄𝘽𝙄𝙇𝙄𝙏𝙔 }

𝘼𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I peel my eyes open and the first thing I feel is immense pain, plus the feeling of something heavy laying on my leg. I pull myself to sit up with a groan and I find my older brother sat on an uncomfortable hospital chair with his head at my legs.

I then register that I myself am still in the hospital, my body still wrapped in a blue patterned gown and surrounded by beeping machines. My eyes adjust to the bright lights and I scan my arms, the skin there littered with small cuts and bruises that make me scared to see the rest of me.

When I awakened earlier on today I was greeted by Sheriff Peterkin and Deputy Shoupe who had questioned me about my attack. According to them, Rafe brought me to the hospital claiming that he'd come over to my house to collect me for a date and found me unconscious amongst all the debris.

fucking bullshit

But I merely listened to them as they told me about the items that my brother confirmed were stolen from the house before answering all the questions. They asked who had attacked me and I said that I didn't know.

Sheriff Peterkin claimed that I could be honest with her and she'd keep me safe if the reason I wasn't telling her was because I'm scared of my attacker. She was right of course, I was scared, but she couldn't save me.

Once again I lied to the woman, telling her that I didn't see the man that attacked me because he was wearing a ski mask and I had answered the door expecting Rafe. She didn't seem like she believed me, but she accepted my answers and let me be.

I was told by Deputy Shoupe that my big brother was still at the sheriff station but he'd be with me as soon as he could and with that information, I decided to let my tired eyes rest.

Clearly my shuffling stirs my brother awake because he lifts his head and rubs the sleep from his eyes before noticing that I'm awake.

"Oh my God, Allison" Thomas breathes out in relief, jumping to his feet.

My older brother wraps me up in a warm gentle hug and my eyes water as I hug him back, so grateful to see him at this moment.

"Peterkin called me to tell me you'd been attacked and I panicked. I thought I'd lost you, Al" Thomas cries and my heart breaks at the sight of his tears as he pulls away from me.

"It was so scary, Tommy" I choke out, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"I should've been there. I only left for a couple hours and I thought you were with Sarah" Thomas rambles guiltily "I'm so sorry"

"It's not your fault. I'm not your responsibility" I assure him.

"Yes, you are. You're my little sister and it's my job to protect you" He argues, taking a hold of my hand.

"There's no way you could've known this would happen" I counter, squeezing his hand reassuringly.

He nods gently and sits down in his chair, keeping a hold of my hand as if he's scared i'll slip through his fingers and disappear if he lets me go.

I turn to grab the glass of water on the bedside table and gasp in pain, grabbing my side with a wince.

"Hey, relax" Thomas warns me, grabbing the glass for me and passing me it as a nurse enters the room.

"Hello, deary" The woman smiles cheerily and I smile back but it drops when I see the tray she's holding contains a needle.

"That's not for me, right?" I ask her worriedly and she chuckles, placing it down beside me.

"Unfortunately yes, but it's for the pain. It'll only pinch a little" She assures me.

I take a sip from the glass and she then takes it from me so I can extend my free arm out to her, squeezing my brother's hand with my other.

"Where is mom and dad?" I question Thomas, looking at him to take my mind off the giant needle in the nurse's hand.

"They're on the mainland and can't make it back until tomorrow morning. They really wanted to be here, Alli" Thomas tells me reassuringly and I nod with a small smile.

"I know they do. It's not their fault" I reply understandingly.

I feel the prick of the needle entering my arm and I wince, strangling my brother's hand with my tightest grip. It's over in mere seconds and the woman places a bandaid on my arm, patting my shoulder gently.

"That's it all done, deary" She chirps.

"When can I leave?" I wonder aloud, looking to the nurse.

"As soon as that morphine kicks in, your brother can take you home. Your parents don't want you both spending unnecessary nights in the hospital" She explains to me and I sigh in relief.

The woman leaves me alone with my brother and we talk nonsense for a little while until the painkiller seeps into my wear bones and I feel as though I'm floating on a fluffy cloud, giggling away to my brother's terrible jokes.

Eventually I'm discharged and sat in the passenger seat of Thomas' car with a small orange bottle of painkillers in my hand. I slip the bottle into the pocket of my clean black shorts and shiver a little, wishing my brother would have brought me a cardigan to go over my pale blue strapped crop top. Clearly he was packing for a daytime discharge.

"Can you do me a huge favour, Tommy?" I ask hopefully, looking at him with big puppy eyes.

"I know I'm not going to like this" He comments with a frown as he starts up the engine of the car.

"Take me to the chateau?" I add.

"Allison, you need to go home and rest" He argues with me.

"I will rest, I promise" I assure him "But I need to see Sarah. She'll be with the Pogues at the chateau"

"I don't want to let you out of my sight. I can't keep you safe if you're with Sarah" Thomas explains to me.

"You don't have to keep me safe. I'll be with six other people, Tommy" I protest desperately "They won't let anything happen to me"

"I'm not okay with this" He states firmly.

"You can speak to the boys yourself. I'll get Makoa and JJ and Pope and John B to call you from my phone and assure you they'll look after me" I compromise for my brother's sake, but he doesn't look convinced.

"Listen, if anything happens to me on their watch then you can beat them up" I add, knowing that I won't allow him to actually hurt them but he seems to accept that idea with a sigh and a nod.

The car changes route and I grin widely at my big brother, leaning across the console to press a kiss to his cheek.

"I love you, Tommy" I tell the boy sincerely.

"Yeah. I love you too, Al" He sighs with a small smile.