𝙏𝙃𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙔 𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙀 {𝘽𝙀𝘾𝘼𝙐𝙎𝙀 𝙎𝙃𝙀 𝙇𝙄𝙆𝙀𝙎 𝙂𝙄𝙍𝙇𝙎 }

𝘼𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙤𝙣'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

I peel my eyes open that are still a little swollen from crying myself to sleep again and the sunlight that peaks through the curtains shines in my face, making me groan. Rolling out of bed, I slip on an oversized sweater that belongs to Kiara and I drag myself out of my room.

Sticking to the routine that i've followed since the night of the accident, I push open the door of the bedroom that is next to mine and I groggily slip into the room. The once empty guest bedroom is now filled with things belonging to the blonde haired boy that is asleep in the bed and it's a complete mess.

Without a word I climb into JJ's bed and with him being used to this by now, he merely wraps his arms around me tightly with a sleepy hum. JJ is no Sarah, but he gives pretty decent hugs in the morning and it makes me a little less sad.

"The Pogues will be here soon to get us" JJ informs me without opening his eyes "We should probably get ready"

"Can we just stay here for a bit?" I ask, laying my head on the blonde's chest.

"For as long as you need, princess" He assures me, pressing a kiss to my head.

For a moment I allow the comfort of JJ's embrace to lull me back to sleep and for a split second I forget about all the pain.

In my dream I'm cuddled up in Sarah's bed with her and we're gossiping about rumours at school. She's telling me about her date with John B and I'm gushing about Kiara, everything is exactly how it should be.

My best friend is right by my side and not laying at the bottom of the ocean. I'm happy with her and not grieving terribly for the girl who was like a sister to me.

My fantasy land is completely shattered by a knock on the door that jolts me awake and I turn my head from JJ's chest to see my brother stood there in a black suit.

"Mom wants to know if you're attending Sheriff Peterkin's funeral?" Thomas asks me.

"No, thank you. I have plans today" I shake my head.

"Okay, well I just thought I'd ask" Thomas shrugs with a warm smile "Kiara is here with your friends. Will I send them up?"

"They're here already?" JJ groans and I smile in amusement.

"Yeah, just tell them we're in JJ's room" I tell my brother who nods, walking away.

Unfortunately I hear the trio before I see them, the sound of them running up the stairs like a heard of elephants makes JJ whine and hide his face in his pillow. The door almost flies off its hinges when Makoa swings it open and they all file into the room.

"Good morning, sunshine" Kiara chirps, flopping down on top of me and I wrap my arms around her.

"Good morning, angel" I smile sleepily up at her and she pecks my lips.

"Wakey wakey, Maybank!" Makoa hollars, diving onto JJ and elbowing him in the back.

"Fuck off, Asterix!" JJ snaps in annoyance, shoving the boy off the bed.

Before Makoa tumbles off the bed he grabs onto JJ and pulls him down with him, the two boys sprawling onto the carpet with a thud. Kiara and I giggle at them as they wrestle on the ground and Pope shakes his head, opening the curtains to brighten up the room.