Adoption AU (Techno/sbi+reader)

Y/n's POV:

Trees rustled and snow fell from their branches, and landed in chunks on the already snow-covered forest floor. The sun would be high on the sky, but I wouldn't know because of pine filling my view above.

I had landed outside the forest about an hour ago, having flown there from the house. It was cold and the sun would set in mere few hours, maybe even sooner, but father needed mushrooms for potions.

But finding these mushrooms was so hard, because it only grows when it's winter. I had walked so far into the forest no matter where I looked, there was alomst no sunlight coming through. But luckily I had managed to find about a dozen chunks of them, so far.

_________________

About 40 minutes later, and the sun was clearly starting to set.

crunch

I held the knife I had used to the mushroom tightly, who else was here? 

crunch

There it was again, I looked around trying to find the source of the sound. I was in the middle of a tiny clearing in the middle of the forest, my cloak lazily covering my wings.

cru-

The source stood completely still as I saw it, as a deer in headlight.

It was small, almost half my height. I thought at first it was an animal standing on it's hindlegs. But looking closer, it's a child.

The child stared at me with wide eyes, almost not daring to breathe. I put my knife in it's pouch and crouched down. The child started to shake, uncontrolably.

I held my hand out for the child, smiling in the most comforting way I could. The child stayed behind the tree it was standing at, but it started breathing at least.

"Are you lost?" I asked sweetly. The child didn't respond, but stirred a little. Of course it wouldn't just trust me like that.

"Are you cold?" I asked again, and this time it nodded carefully. I unbound my cloak, my wings still folded neatly behind my back. 

"Here, you can have this" I held out my cloak at arms length. The child stood still behind the tree, but slowly it moved out to grab it, grabbing hold of it as far away from my hand as it could.

As the child stood out from the tree, I saw it was a little boy, with long, pink hair. He had bruises in his face and on his arms, and he looked around the same age as Wilbur.

"Are your parents nearby?" I asked in the same tone. He flinched a little and looked around himself, a scared impression plastered on his face. "Did you run away from your parents?"

He freezed again and stared up at me with wide eyes, a tear slowly started rolling down his cheek.

"hey, it's okay, it's okay" I said, a little panicked that he began to cry. He look down and more tears fell silently. "Are you hungry?"

Just as I asked, his stomach growled. I found some food, but this time I didn't hold it at arms lenght, but a little closer to me. "Here I have some bread"

He took a careful step closer, as to reach out for the bread. "My name is Y/n by the way" I said with a smile as he took a bite of the bread, "what's yours?"

He swallowed the bread but stayed quiet for about 30 seconds, "Technoblade" he then muttered quietly.

Before I could respond, a loud growl sounded close to us. Technoblade looked around in alarm, just as he had done when I asked if his parents where nearby. I too, looked around and immediately found the source; a herd of wolves had surrounded us.