Living the dream - part 3 (reader+Techno/streamers)

2022, 20 years old

"What do you mean, 'you're not going to VidCon,' why not?" I asked a little frustrated in the vc I was in with Techno.

"Well, I have some things to do with my family, so I can only really be there for one day, so it's far to go for just one day there. Besides, I just feel like it'd be a bit much, like, I have face revealed, but still nobody really knows what I look like, and I ain't wearing a mask for 12 hours straight."

"Fair point, but it would be so much fun, and I could meet you, wouldn't that be crazy and awesome.. and fantastic?" I said sarcasticly mingled with my disappointment. I knew it was entirely his own choice, and I won't try to force him to do anything, I had just gotten so excited to meet one of my first internet friends.

We were playing minecraft, recording a video for his channel, but he would most likely have to cut out this entire conversation, but we weren't doing anything important so it didn't really matter.

"Could I visit you? like, before going to VidCon?" I asked, my voice back to a relaxed one, as I hoped my new suggestion might be a possibility.

"I don't see a problem with that." And so we finished the recording after about 20 minutes, and went straight to planning

___________

A few months later, I was sitting in the plane that was just about to land in a Californian airport, where Techno would pick me up.

I got my luggage and called him; it was pretty big and I wasn't feeling up for looking like and idiot trying to find my friend. After a bit of cunfused blabbering and poorly explaining our locations, we finally found each other.

I immediately let go of my luggage, bags and everything just dropped on the floor beside me, and hugged him, to which he hugged me back. I finally met one of my best friends of three years, and a person that I've known for five.

We let go and then he drove me to his house, in which he still lived with his parents and siblings. "My dad keeps a load of film stuff in the guest bedroom, and I swear I told him to remove all of it,  but it's very likely that you might find a cable in the blankets, so now you're warned," Techno explained while driving.

"Uhm.. thanks for warning me, I guess, and actually thanks for telling him to clean up, that was very considerate of you," I laughed, and soon we drove into their driveway. 

His parents greeted me at the door, I had spoken with his entire family briefly before, all at different times, so it wasn't completely new people I had to meet. His sister, whom I knew as Technodagger, came running from the living room and hugged me, since I had talked the most with his sister, sometimes we'd even draw in a cooperation sheet while Techno talked with us.

Technodagger then insisted on showing me around the house, so while she did that Techno bore some of my luggage to the guest bedroom. In the kitchen I saw his brother make a sandwich so I also said hi to him.

When the little housetour ended, Techno and I went into the guest room, that would be mine the next couple days, and I just unpacked the small amount of things I needed to unpack, and then we went to his room and had some fun talking.

We ate dinner with his family, "wow, Technodad, you've really outdone yourself here, it tastes amazing," I said cutting another bite.

"Please don't give him too many compliments, it makes me look bad," Techno mumbled beside me but purposefully loud enough for everyone to still hear.

After dinner I was absolutely exhausted from jet lag, I had my already terrible sleep cycle to my advantage but the 8 hour differnce was still affecting me a lot, so as Techno and I decided to watch a movie I fell asleep almost immediately. Techno lightly shaked me awake and I decided to just go to bed instead, and we agreed on watching the movie the next day.