Just follow my steps (Technoxreader)

The heel of my shoe echoes with every step.

click click

click click

click clirbrbrbck

huh

Oh, the sound of my heels can't echo on decorative armour as it can on the bare walls. I see.

Well, click click, clicks all the way to the hall where the walls are covered in tapestries, therefore no sound may ever echo here.

There's a tapestry for everything it seems. One for father, one for grandfather, and his father. One for the last war, and the one before that, oh whatever with that, it's none of my concern. Oohh there's the one with a cute soldier in the front.

"Your majesty?" Berda, a servant of the castle, calls, "am I interupting a thought?" Berda had been appointed to take care of me especially, when I was born, so whenever my parents were busy she would be there.

"Oh no not at all," currently my mind is as rid of thought as the walls of the echo-hall, I wanted to say. "What is it?"

"The king and queen wants to see you." Berda turned around and made me follow her. I wondered what they needed to tell me, see, Berda and I have an agreement; she calls my parents 'parents' when it's normal, chill stuff they want, but if she calls them 'king and queen' it's serious, that way I'm mentally prepared. 

Entering my father's office I see my older sister in there too. Papers are spread across the desk. "We're leaving for a short while," My mother starts out

"Where to?" I ask, already leaning forward on my tiptoes trying to spot a map on the desk.

Father gathers the papers in one bundle, "a neighbouring kingdom, we have to discuss trade offers."

"While we're gone the gates will be closed." Mother looked at my sister as if she knew why, "and I must ask you both to stay inside."

"Inside? the gates closed? why?!" The words left my mouth quicker than I could stop myself.

"Y/n"

"Alright, I'll stay inside."

____________

The castle was even more empty and quiet than usual, I tried reading a book but that got boring pretty quick.

So, click clickity click

And suddenly I'm looking at paintings in the west hall, or as I like to call it 'painting hall number five,' we also had a gallery but that was for more important portraits, those in the hallways were more casual.

One of a tree, one of a hill. A snowman, a little forest.

Oh a tundra! I've always wanted to visit a village like the one in this painting.

And the nether! Oh, I just want to see the world.

I could go outside...

I mean mom and dad aren't here to stop me.

I'm only ever allowed out the castle grounds with an escort or two always by my side. Which can do, but what's beyond the city walls?

___________

Ok, I'm doing it. I'm packing a bag and going, just to the nether, have a lookaround and then straight home, let's not test the waters.. too much.

I'll take a passageway from the castlegarden, those are the least guarded ones.

The wooden door creaked a tad as I peaked my head through, not a soul in sight. Perfect.

I only got to take a step or two out the door before I heard someone clear their throat behind me. shit.