Just follow my steps - part 2 (Technoxreader)

Socks make no noise to echo around the halls, only when I stepped on creaking floorboards, but those I've learned to avoid.

They're a bit harder to avoid when running, in the dark, but I was handling it.

Running to my bedroom and back to where I came from; one of the livingrooms. Techno and I had read infront of the fireplace, I had been reading a fairytale, him a war book, written by some bloke called Sun Tiramisu, or I think that's what Techno said.

The halls were dark, but I knew them well, and even now with my hands full, I managed somehow to keep balance. I had picked up some heels in my bedroom.

I returned to Techno quickly, he had barely read another page. He looked up at me confused, "where'd you go?" 

"Come with me!" I urged him up, putting a bookmark in his book and placing it on the coffee table, then grabbed his arm and tried to pull him up, which I couldn't but he obliged and stood and let me drag him out the room.

"Where are we going?" He whispered, almost falling over with my rampant tempo.

"Shh, I don't want to wake anyone," I said, cringing as I accidentally stepped on a creaking floorboard.

The doors to the ball room were heavy and opened slowly. We crept in and closed the door behind us.

"Tell me what are we doing here now, in the middle of the night," Techno deadpanned, a slight chuckle reaching his lips.

"I'm too busy putting on my heels to talk, can't you see." I jumped clumsily on one foot as I put on the second shoe. "Come on, dance with me."

He stood still for a moment, processing what I had just said. I grabbed his arm again and led him to the middle of the ball room. "Oh, no no no, we're not doing this, you know I can't dance."

"Just grab my waist and my hand," he awkwardly put a hand to rest just above my hip, and grabbed my hand with the other one, "now, just follow my steps"

1

2

3

4

1

2

3

4

I counted, quietly humming a song.

twist and turn

The second he cought the rhythm, he moved with the same elegancy that he always did no matter what he did.

"Now spin me," I lowly said, and he did so, almost without thinking too much about it. "Don't tell me you've never learned how to dance, you're a natural."

"I'm a quick learner," he said nonchalantly twirling me around again. 1 2 3 4. He grabbed my waist to his side and lifted my feet of ground, he spun on the spot, my night dress fluttering behind me. "And I have a great teacher."

My feet touched down on the ground again. And I swore I heard actual music playing as I looked in his eyes while we continued to dance.

The moonlight lit the room, small specks glittering the floor like stars, reflecting in the rim of his reading glasses he'd never had the chance to take off. 

As the dance came to an end we stood face to face right in the middle of the room where we started, our breath slightly heavy.

"How lucky I am to call you mine," Techno whispered, his eyes full of admiration as he grabbed my cheek and slowly brought my face up for a kiss.

(553 words)