||44||

I awkwardly stood in front of Aizawa as he adjusted his capture weapon.

"Do I really have to do this?" I asked.

"Yes," was all I got before Aizawa got into a fighting stance, "should you have to stop using your quirk or you lose it during a battle, and you can't battle hand to hand with your new arm then you're going to end up dying or worse."

"What's worse than dying?" I asked.

"Getting captured by villains or even being injured to the point where you can't work anymore," he replied.

Ah. Yeah, I suppose that would be worse. It'd be rather frustrating to live like that. Kind of like how before quirks athletes fell into slumps more than not after sporting accidents or just accidents in general that prevented them from competing anymore.

"Now get ready," he told me. I nodded and moved my arms around, stretching quickly before getting into a defensive stance.

I only ever spar with my classmates. I haven't even sparred with Pyro-Shock before. Wait—why am I panicking? I've fought countless villains and even got zapped into the future. A sparring match with Aizawa will be a piece of cake.

(and little did he know, Mikhail f*cked up)

3rd Person PoV

The pair circled each other for a few moments before Aizawa made the first move. He launched forward suddenly mid side-step, catching Mikhail off guard.

Mikhail stumbled back as Aizawa swung a kick towards him, the dual haired boy lifted his arm to try block but due to the slow movement, there was an awkward scrape as the pro heroes boot skidded against the side of the metal arm and then hit Mikhail's face, throwing the teen back onto his ass.

"Get up," Aizawa told the boy.

Mikhail rubbed his face and let out a small grumble before pushing himself back up to his feet and putting his hands up to block his face, clearly not wanting to get hit in the same place again.

"Your reaction time with that arm is too slow," Aizawa lectured, "you need to get it to move faster."

"That's easier said than done," Mikhail retorted, "the arm is connected through a fixture that reacts to my brain waves like a normal arm does but obviously it's going to be slower to react since it's not a direct connection."

Aizawa let out a hum before swinging his fist forward, Mikhail blocked again but his block was unsteady, so he ended up having Aizawa's fist skim his face.

"Now that was your own sloppiness there," Aizawa pointed at Mikhail's broken block.

"I'm growing to dislike you," Mikhail muttered to himself.

"Good thing I'm not here to be liked then," Aizawa replied, "I won't lose any sleep over it."

Mikhail shot him an annoyed look before getting into an offensive stance, Aizawa noticed and stood appropriately.

Shooting forward, Mikhail threw a punch forward, Aizawa parried the punch and countered by grabbing Mikhail by his shirt, dragging him forward and swinging his knee up, he winced as his knee hit Mikhail's metal arm instead of in his abdomen as he had expected.

Aizawa smiled slightly at Mikhail's slightly faster reaction to his moves.

Acting with the situation they were in, Aizawa swung his other hand forward and grabbed Mikhail by the throat before sweeping his feet from under him and dropping him down the floor, putting more force on the falling boy by pushing down on Mikhail's throat as he fell.

Mikhail landed with a thud and let out a wheezing cough, rolling onto his side when Aizawa let him go and stepped back, watching while the teen coughed and caught his breath again.

"Ouch—" the dual haired boy coughed as he pushed himself up slightly, "you really aren't making me look good in front of the first years."

Aizawa glanced around to see some of the first years watching while they took a break.

"Well you're known for your quirk, not your hand to hand," Aizawa shrugged, offering his hand to Mikhail. He gladly took it and Aizawa pulled him to his feet again, "can you keep going?"

"Of course," Mikhail nodded, "don't go easy on me."

Aizawa grinned in a way that made Mikhail flinch awkwardly.

"Then defend yourself and try attack if you can," Aizawa told the boy before beginning his attacks, he threw punches and kicks at the teen before catching Mikhail's arm in his scarf.

Mikhail looked down at the scarf in surprise before looking back to Aizawa and throwing a kick to his gut. While he did, Mikhail grabbed the scarf with the hand of the arm captured and pulled on it, pulling Aizawa in close enough for him to throw his own punch forward, Aizawa dodged before round house kicking Mikhail in his side, sending him off balance.

The dual haired boy quickly re-caught his balance, pulling the scarf to help him. He managed to slip his hand out of the capture weapon and round house kicked Aizawa's head. He waited for a moment just to find that Aizawa was holding his foot in a secure block with ease.

"Shit," Mikhail hissed before Aizawa spun around to the other side of Mikhail's leg and yanked on it, causing the teen to loose balance again and crash onto his butt, "not again..."

Aizawa let out a small chuckle before dusting himself off, "that'll do for now. Now you know you need to train without your quirk more."

Mikhail puffed his cheeks out and frowned like a child.

"Not fair, you have like twenty years of experience over me," he muttered.

"Experience does have a factor in it," Aizawa nodded, "but training yourself in that area of combat specifically also has a big factor in it. Tell me, how often did you train without your quirk during the training sessions in UA?"

"After first year, not much at all," Mikhail replied before letting out a long 'oh', "yes. I understand. Thank you for this sparring session, sir."

Mikhail bowed his head slightly as a grateful gesture.

"Go get some rest, you'll be cooking with the first years tonight," Aizawa replied.

"What? Why? It's not even my training camp," Mikhail whined but quickly shut up when Aizawa shot him an irritated look, "sure. Sounds good. I'm totally down for that... first I'm going to put an ice pack on my face."

Aizawa nodded and walked away. Mikhail sighed.

Mikhail's PoV

I held my throbbing face and grumbled, pushing myself to my feet again.

"That could've gone better," I mumbled to myself as I stretched and started walking back to the house, "it's been a while since I've done hand to hand with no quirk."

I didn't realise I relied on my quirk so much until just now.

Now I know what I need to work on a bit more when I get time to train with someone again. Hand to hand with no quirk and this arm.

"I still mustn't be used to the weight yet," I hummed inthought, "I kept falling off balance because of it... hmm..."