||18||

After that, we went on ride after ride, had something to eat and then ended up on a field, waiting for a fireworks show to start.

"I can't wait—I can't wait—I can't wait!" Nejire chanted as she barely sat on the grass, bouncing from her excitement.

"Calm down, Nejire," I chuckled, "getting so excited won't make the fireworks come any faster."

"Right, right," she nodded as she sat slightly in front of me and hummed a tune to herself. Tamaki and Mirio spoke together happily, Nejire occasionally chimed in her two cents while I just listened to them.

Suddenly, counting echoed through the area and once the countdown hit '1' fireworks lit up the sky in a dancing flurry of sparkling lights.

"Found~ You~" a voice whispered, I jumped forward, stumbling over Nejire's form before spinning around to see him.

"Aysen," I stared at him and my three friends, now noticing my almost knocking Nejire halfway down the hill, turned to me, "the heck was that?! What the hell were you doing whispering into my ear like that?!"

"You used to love it when I whispered into your ear," he smirked, I glared at him as I stood up.

"That's different and you know it. Plus, I really didn't," I said as I dusted myself down, "really. It's a horrible feeling and creeps me the hell out. Why're you here?"

"Can't I visit my hard-working boyfriend?" he asked, that shit eating smirk plastered on his face.

"Boyfriend? Mikhail, I thought you—" Mirio started but I stopped him.

"I did," I nodded, "we aren't dating. I thought I made that clear two years ago."

Aysen just let out a hum and shrugged like I didn't say anything to begin with.

He hasn't changed. He's the same that I always remembered him to be.

Leather jacket, slightly worn at the bottom. Ripped black jeans, his hair was slightly longer and a bit messy. He'd really buffed up and the amount of piercings he had halved considerably but there were still a ton of them.

His eyes burned into me. His gaze was like a fire, fighting to be freed.

Unconsciously, I found myself stepping back under his gaze.

Whoa now—why am I stepping away from him? Why am I allowing him to intimidate me again?

"M-Mikhail," Tamaki called out, I glanced over to him and shot him a wry smile, shaking my head as I did to stop him from coming over.

"Hm? Who's that?" he asked, his gaze landing on Tamaki, "I've seen that look before. When you were trying to stop me from getting to your bullies to back off when you were but a quirkless child."

I stepped forward and in front of my three friends.

"They're my friends. You're not getting near them," I said, "lea—actually. No. First. Tell me what you've done with Lowell."

"Jumping straight to the point, I see," he walked forward until he was merely inches away from me, "why don't you guess?"

He's still taller than me.

His intimidation factor has skyrocketed.

"Stop creating riddles and jokes, just tell me," I snapped.

"Oo~ I love it when you get mad. You look like a frustrated little sparrow and it's so cute," he grinned as the sky continued to be lit up by fireworks stretching out across the sky.

"I'm not a sparrow. I'm a phoenix," I glared, not too pleased with the animal representation of my quirk being belittled to a mere bird.

"Same thing," Aysen shrugged off my displeasure and smirked, "so which one are you doing? The girl? You've had crushes on girls in the past. Nah—you've always swung more to the guy side. The blonde? Definitely not your type. Too bright and loud for you. So... Elf boy? Quiet, cute, small, nervous... He's a perfect half for you. Even more perfect than I was."

"You were never perfect. No one is perfect," I rolled my eyes, "if someone walked up to me and they were completely perfect, I'd never trust them. It's the imperfections in a person that makes them who they are."

"Well, either way, I don't like your new boy," he stepped forward, towards Tamaki and I stepped between them.

"One. He's not my 'boy'. Two. Don't you get any closer," I threw my arms out, "or I'll stop you."

"Not very heroic of you," he laughed mockingly as I felt Tamaki tug lightly on the back of my shirt, "you can't just beat up a civilian here to see the man he loves, hm?"

"Just get out of here," I glowered at him.

"I'll be seeing you soon enough, love," Aysen said as he grabbed my face and dragged me forward, so we were merely inches away. I started to increase my internal temperature, smirking as he snapped away, hissing, and waving his hand around to try and cool it.

"What? Too hot for you?" I scoffed, he glared at me and turned around.

"You will see me soon, Mikhail Lionel, count on it," he shouted back as he walked away.

Once he was gone, I allowed my temperature to lower to my normal and sighed before looking over to my friends.

"I'm sorry, guys," I apologised to them, "after that... I kind of just want to go home."

"That's cool," Nejire beamed, "why don't we have a sleep over? Then you're not all alone?"

"I'd like that," I nodded to her, and she jumped on my back.

"Well then, giddy up, horse, back home we go," she cheered. I rolled my eyes as I hooked my arms under her legs and looked to Mirio and Tamaki.

"Are you two coming as well?" I asked, they nodded, albeit Tamaki looked reluctant to do so, "let's go then."