(24)

"Let's go out and eat!" Avani says tugging on my arm.

"Why not stay in?" I say dragging on the 'in'.

Avani had been bugging me about going out to this restaurant for a week. It's really fancy and known for its romantic setting. She tried having Anthony take her but he had taken a trip to see some family a week ago. So her next best thing was her best friend.

"Just wait til Anthony comes back." I tilt my head.

"He comes back in two days!" She wines, "That's too long of a wait!"

"Fine!" I say letting her drag me out of my bed.

We get up and get ready. I put on a black dress that hugged me with black heels. Avani puts on a navy blue dress also with black heels. We do our makeup and head out.

When we get to the restaurant the hostess sits us down. She hands us the menus and leaves.

"This is so cool." Avani looks around.

"Yea." The restaurant was darkly lit with red lanterns all around.

We order and the food was so good. We talk and joke around for a while. As we finish our meal a familiar face comes into the restaurant.

"Is that Vinnie?" Avani also sees.

"I think it is." I look closer and I see another familiar face. "And Emily."

"Did he tell you?" Avani turns to me.

"No, he uh didn't." I say biting my lip.

'Why didn't he?'

"Well I'm finished now so we can go or stay." Avani says putting her arm on my shoulder.

"We can go," I take a quick glance to them as they sit down at a table near the front. "I'm getting tired."

The waitress comes with our bill and we pay it. We get our stuff together and start walking out. To get out of the restaurant we had to walk past them. Avani walks first so I'm behind.

"Florence?" Vinnie looks up.

"Vinnie." I say and he does a double take.

"What are you doing here?" Vinnie says confused.

"Could ask you the same thing." I tilt my head.

"We're just hanging out." Emily pipes in annoyed.

"Well I guess have fun with Emma." I say.

"It's Emily." She glares at me.

"Sorry Ella." I wave bye as I walk out joining Avani.

"That's why you're my best friend." Avani says laughing as we exit the restaurant. Then the flashes come.

"Florence! Are you dating anyone?" A guy yells.

"Avani, did Anthony cheat on you?" Another yells.

They keep yelling questions as we make it to the car. I can feel my phone vibrate, no doubt from Vinnie. Avani takes me home and I finally check my texts.

[9 unread messages from vinnie<3]

I shake my head at the notifications. They were mostly just him asking if I was okay and if I was mad. Truth be told I wasn't that mad I was more confused on why he didn't tell me. I set my phone down and take a shower. I get ready for bed and grab my phone to answer his texts.

"Florence." Vinnie says entering my house.

"Vincent." I keep an emotionless face.

"Come on, don't call me that." He walks up to me, "You only call me that when you're mad at me."

"Well." I turn but he moves in front of me.

"Florence." I sigh and tilt my head at him.

"Nothing is going on with Emily." He continues, "I like you, not her."

"Fine." He looks at me with delight but I continue, "But why didn't you tell me?"

"It was last minute and you said you were with Avani so I didn't want to bother you." He cups my face.

"Okay." I put my hands on his wrist.

"It's the truth." He says putting his face closer.

I turn away my face from him,"I know it's just my ex-" Vinnie cuts me off.

"I'm not him." He pulls my head up to meet his eyes.

"No." I smile at him. "No you're not"

:)

I know I know, short chapter. But~ We got some trouble in paradise, OoOoo.