(37)

I have to say I don't get jealous easily but something about this girl trying at Vinnie really gets on my nerves.

Malu had been commenting on his posts. At first I didn't mind but that changed when she posted a photo of him saying that he was the only man she would beg for.

"Are you okay?" Avani asks, "You look like you're going break your phone in half."

I left out a deep sigh, "Yea it's just- never mind."

"What? What is it-" She tilts my phone to see the post about Malu's story, "Oh Florence, are you jealous?"

"What? No! Me? I'm never jealous." I snatch my phone from her.

"Okay... whatever you say." Avani says skeptically.

"I don't." I say firmly but even I don't believe myself.

"Okay okay jealous or not, what were you planning for Vinnie's birthday?" Avani's eyes light up.

"So I was planning a big birthday party for him then after I got us a room." I say smiling.

"Ooo," She nudges my shoulder. "Who are you inviting?"

"So basically all of hype, obviously, umm Sway, and a lot other tiktokers." I recall.

"We should get an extra big cake to smash his head in!" Avani exclaims.

"Yes!" I agree and laugh.

A ringing of the phone interrupts our laughing. I turn my head to see it's mine. It was Vinnie calling me.

"Hey?" I speak first.

"Hey I wanted to ask you something but you can like totally say no and I won't be hurt or anything like I get it-" he rambles.

"Yea ask away." I say cutting off his rambling.

"So I'm going to visit my parents tomorrow..." He says, "And I was wondering if you wanted to come to meet them."

"I," My lost for words. 'What if they meet me and don't like me?' 'What if they don't approve of our relationship?'

"Florence?" Vinnie interrupts my thoughts.

"Uh yea," I reply, "I don't have any shoots this week anyways."

"Okay great!" He says, "I'll get another ticket, bye love you."

"Bye love you too." He ends the call.

"So?" Avani nudges me, "What did he ask?"

"He asked me to meet his parents." I look to her.

"Oh my gosh!" Avani grabs my arm, "This is huge!"

"Yea..." Avani seems to not notice my lack of enthusiasm.

"So you have to wear the best outfit you have!" She gets up and goes to my closet, "What are you packing? Is it formal or not? Jeans or dress? How about-" She turns to see me just staring at my phone with a worried look.

"What is it?" She asks me.

"What if they don't like me when they meet me?" I look to her.

"What are you talking about?" She comes and sits down next to me, "Of course they are going to like you. Hell, they'll probably love."

"Are you sure?" I say still in doubt.

"Florence I know they will love you." She reassures me, "Just as much as Vinnie loves you."

"Okay yea." I nod my head and a small smile appears on my face, "Help me pack."

"Yes!"

~~~~~~~~~