Ch. 8

As they walked around the grounds, Liv talked about what was what and about some of the other kids who were very popular or important and the kids you should avoid as much as possible. Liv was actually very cool, not cool enough to be a coole mense but that level of coolness is hard to achieve.

'So if you're here on school, that means you also have The Gift.' Nora tried to start a conversation.

Liv nodded. 'Yea I do, me and Lars are water Sola.'

'Sola?'

'That's just a cool word for waterbenders.'

'Ah makes sense.'

'Wow, that's pretty cool, can you also like make water hot and stuff?'

'Well I'm still learning but Lars can do it so one day I can too.'

'Is it always that way with families? Are they all the same kind of Sola?'

'Yes, well most of the times. In like 99% of the time your whole family has the same element, because The Gift is in your blood and as a family you all have the same kind of blood. But there are a few exception. These exceptions are really rare, they are called Quattuornexus.'

'Oh I've heard that therm before, weren't they the people who made this school?'

'Shut up Sadie, I wanna hear the story.'

'Sorry sorry I'll shut up.'

'Well you were right, they were. Quattuornexus are four people, most of the time siblings but they don't have to, they only need to be family. It's basically four people who are all Sola for different elements and all four really powerful. Because of their blood ties they feed each others energy which makes them even more powerful. They have the power of complete destruction and chaos but also the power of reincarnation and the ability to make life.'

'So basically cat noir and ladybug?'

'Lisa now is really not the time.'

'Shh, there is always time for cat noir and ladybug Nora.' Eva interfered. 

'As long as The Gift has existed there have been only a few Quattuornexus. The last one was in the seventeenth century, the Favre siblings were the last ones as far as we know.'

'That actually sounds pretty cool, kind of sad we probably will never get to see it.'

'Yea I agree but there are still amazing people with very much power on earth right now. We have a grading system by the way. It's pretty complicated how it is decided where you stand, but reading it is pretty easily. You have the numbers one up till forty, one being really weak and forty very powerful. You can only get into this school if you're above twelve, if you're under a twelve you are too weak and you can't do any harm in the outside world. Most people here are between a seventeen and a twenty five, except for the teachers, for example Ana, the headmaster, is almost a forty I think. If you are a student and a level thirty you've done something very right because that's very fucking powerful. Most people get better as they learn how to control and level up over the years.'

'What level are you and Lars on?'

'Well I can say I have a pretty powerful family, definitely not one of the most powerful ones but we're doing pretty good. I went from a level twenty four to a twenty six and Lars is a twenty eight right now.'

'Holy shit, isn't that like really fucking good like you just told us?'

'Well yea maybe..'

'Uh don't talk yourself down like that, you can't just say 'thirty is really good' and then being almost a thirty yourself.'

'Guys stop the crap, I don't know how to react to compliments okay, so just, yea, don't please.'

'Ah we're sorry, I can relate tho.'

Right now they were walking over the field Eva saw outside her window. There were a lot of people. Ew. Anyways everyone was too busy with talking to each other to notice the four new students walking over the grass.

'To your right you see Rosa and her bff's Amira and Lola, those are-'

'Dude Eva, that's left dumb fuck.'

'Oh lol I already couldn't find them, I was like who the fuck we talking abou-... You know never mind, just continue.'

'Thank you, as I just said, those are the mean girl bitches you know what I mean.'

'You mean the plastics.'

'Yes them, well I think that says enough about them. You have a few more of those kind of bitches, but they are probably the ones you're going to see the most because they are in your language and age category. Oh yea I forgot about that part, because this is such a huge ass school they've categorized the students and spread them over multiple buildings. Right now we are in the building where they talk english and are between fourteen and eighteen years old. The other buildings are about two kilometers away from here.'

'Are we also like sorted into houses or something?'

'Eh no, it's no Hogwarts here.'

'Well I'm starting to doubt that more and more right now.'

Lisa said that last sentence under her breath so Liv wouldn't hear.

'What did you say?'

'Nothing important.'

'Alright then let's move on. That there are James, Mason, Cas and Melle. Melle is Rosas boyfriend and he and his friends are like the assholes of this school, so I recommend not making any kind of communication with them.'

'They're kind of hot tho.'

'Lmao Nora you idiot she just said they are assholes. I mean you're not wrong... But that's not what I'm trying to say, just let's not let them fuck up our lives okay. Until now we only had to deal with some nerds but this is more like the American movies you know.'

'I agree with Eva on this one, but this better not be like America, I was NOT planning on living in America anytime soon.'

'Don't worry Sadie, Eva is right but here you don't have to worry about getting shot or something, only getting burned alive or drowning or something.' Liv said that last thing shrugging.

'Oh yea that makes it so much better.'