Ch. 27

Before them way above them a castle was staring down at them. In front of them was a long spiral staircase. It looks like they weren't the first who split the sea and walked here.

'Fucking stairs? You gotta be kidding me.'

'Jo Julien, you're an air Solem, can't you just fly us or something?'

'Haha :| you're funny Eva.'

'So they can split the fucking sea and you can't even let some people float?'

'First of all, they had to split one sea, you are with seven, I can't concentrate on seven people at the same time. And secondly, they have each other and are both almost a thirty, I'm here on my own.'

'Excuse me? I'm also an air Solem here!'

'Well yes you are, but you only let dandelions levitate.'

'That's not my fault, mr Lee just doesn't let us do anything else.'

'Are we going or what?'

While they all followed Lars up the stairs the conversation between Lisa and Julien continued.

'Still not?'

'No, we've been doing the same god damn exercises as he likes to call them for weeks now. Every day is the same, hours of sorting dandelions, sand, water and lighting candles. It's really tiring you know?'

'You also know that your exams are coming up, don't you?'

'Yes I'm very aware of that, thanks for reminding me.'

'Well it's weird because your exams will have two thingies, one is just the exams and you have only tests for two weeks, then you have a week rest and the practical exam will start. That last one is always different every year so I can't tell you what will happen exactly but the bottom line is that you will be tested on your element control skills. You'll have to do an assignment and that is usually more than just sorting sand. They almost always start around autumn break with practice for the exam but you're still out here sorting sand. Weird.'

'That's definitely weird, now I'm gonna fail another test.'

'Not so pessimistic, maybe you can drag yourselves through it because you are probably really powerful remember.'

'True. But wait, if we fail, do we have to do another year?'

'Most probably yea.'

'Great.'

'But if you stay for another year you can throw more disco's here at school with us. And besides that, if you stay for another year you might get another teacher because they saw mr Lee didn't teach you anything. When you have a new, good, teacher and have element classes every day or week you'll probably become really good and become senior students.'

That was Liv who had now also joined theid conversation

'What are senior students? They sound old.'

'Lmao no they are students who have had much lessons and still are having lessons and basically learned everything there is and only still follow lessons to improve themselves, not for basic information or skills or something.'

'Are you senior student?'

'No, there's a lot to learn you know?'

'But then why would we become senior students in less than two years?'

'Because you are powerful remember? And probably also a lot more dedicated than us. And also you will probably get a really good teacher and already have very very much lessons for hours a week.'

'sure.'

'You might not realize but it really is very cool, being a senior student. You have so many privileges and can do almost anything you want. You're on almost the same level as teachers!'

'Hmmm, cool.'

'Ugh you are not passing the vibe check. And also, the best part I didn't even tell yet. Eva you're gonna love this.'

'Omg what is it?'

'He's going to sacrifice himself.'

'Lisa shut up. What is it Liv?'

'So when you are like advanced Solem and really powerful, and I mean really really powerful, like a forty plus or something, you should be able to produce a weapon from only your element powers'

'What? That doesn't make sense, your element already is a weapon. Well that's what Ana taught us.'

'Well yea, that's true, but that's just banding the element, you give it another shape. What I mean is your energy inside you can create a weapon itself. From nothingness you understand? A weapon made from your own energy'

'How much do you need to be to be able to create one?'

'I think I've heard Ana can do it, but only like a small pocketknife or something, so at least a forty but an actual weapon definitely more.'

'And how much do you guess we are?'

'I dunno, more than Lars so at least thirty. But I don't know if you are more than mrs Ana because she is really something, so I guess like a thirty six? thirty seven or something?'

'Then why do you tell us all this?'

'You know a thirty seven is a lot right? And I also mean right now, you can grow even more. You know thirty seven at only your age is not normal, almost unimaginable?'

'Now we know.'

'I hope your conversation is almost done ladies because we're here.'

Eva and Liv drew their attention away from each other and the conversation and looked up at the large doors in front of them. Julien walked towards the doors and put one hand on the handle. Slowly a strong gust of wind came up and pushed against the doors. After a hard crack, Julien pushed the door open with one hand as if it was nothing. Now in front of them was a big dark hallway.

'So when I asked if we were going to a haunted house months ago i was right after all.'

But there was Fynn for the safe. With one swing and flick of his hand all the candles in the candlesticks lit up. Now they could see what was in front of them, it was a small hallway. They walked through the small hallway towards the biggest door they saw. This door wasn't as hard to open as the front door and behind this door was another dark room.

'Fynn, fire in the hole.'

'Yes ma'am.'

Fynn did another swish and flick with his hand here also went the light on. Only this room was very gezellig, it was way more gezellig than the hallway. Everywhere were garlands and colors and balloons. The baloons in the back wrote HAPPY BDAY SADIE and out of nowhere everyone pulled partypoppers out of nowhere and now the air was filled with a thousand colors.

'Oh my god, this is amazing. Except for the part where you decided to have seven partypoppers with paper confetti in a room full of fire.'

The moment the words had left Sadie's mouth the first confetti pieces caught fire.

'Ah shit, this is why Sadie always organizes the birthdays.'

But Fynn is always there for the safe and chased the fire away.

'Anyways so, let's eat cake.'

'Very good idea.'