Ch. 37

They woke up. Everything what happened yesterday was a blur and now they were tied to a chair in a room without windows, no wonder they were confused. Slowly as they became more awake it all came back, the party, the fire, the roof, Rosa, Julien, the time stop and the voice. Even though now they could remember it, it was still weird.

'Whyyyyyyy, why is it alway us who get kidnapped?'

'Damn right, like I get it now, everyone wants us but it's getting kinda annoying.'

'Are y'all okay there?'

'Except for the part tied up to a chair and kidnapped round two I'm fine.'

'Where are we?'

'I think somewhere under the ground.'

'Oh my god, I remember this.'

'What do you mean?'

'I'm having a deja vu just like Nora had, my dream. I was sitting in a room without windows, one like this one and the dude with the deep ass voice spoke to me. Wait, that dude from my dream was also one of the people on the roof by the way.'

'Wait, now you say so, yes the dude from my dream was there as well.'

'The woman from mine too.'

'Mine too.'

'Very very interesting.'

'Oh shit I think someone's coming.'

Sadie was right and a few seconds later a man came in, he was in suite and looked like some sort of bodyguard. He spoke up.

'We are keeping you here for the safety of you, the students and everyone else on the planet. Please understand that and don't make this harder than it needs to be.'

After he had said that he just stood there until after ten minutes a man and woman walked in, they looked very familiar to them but they couldn't quite place them. Until after them two other people walked in. First they were confused about what they were doing there but after a few seconds it clicked. The two people were Lars and Liv.

'Oh. My. God.'

'Hello ladies, let me introduce myself, I'm Axel Jensen, this is my wife Karine Jensen and I heard you already know Lars and Liv.'

'Yes we definitely know them.'

'Just as the guard has already told you, you are here for the safety of everyone. Our company will have to do some tests on you so instead of a danger you'll become helpful for the society.'

'So basically what you are saying is you'll do experiments on us so your company will make more money?'

'No, well maybe.'

'Don't act stupid, you think I don't know you? You think I'd just walk into a friendship blind without any background information? The moment we got our phones back I stalked Lars and his complete family, and after that I also asked some kids on school. The Jensen family, one of the most wealthy and powerful family of our society here. Having almost no competitors their company is one of the most successful. They've been sued for many things many times but none of those things have ever been finished. We are probably too powerful and are becoming a threat to you. Locking us up and doing experiments on us for the good of the company is only the logical reason of why we're here. You've sent Lars and Liv to this school when they were six so I thought it was just their parents, that they'd be different, now I see they're not.'

'Never trust a Jensen, that's what Rosa had said all those months ago, I guess she was right.'

'This is not good for my trust issues.'

If looks could kill Axel, Karine, Lars and Liv would be very much dead four times. They couldn't believe it. Deep down they hoped it was all part of their plan and they did not actually kidnap them again. Lars saw how hurt they looked.

'It's not what it looks like, please.'

'Well then tell me what it looks like, because all I see is you betraying us and instead choosing for your family's sake.'

'I'm not here for the company,'

'Then why are you here? For our safety? Please fuck off, we've survived this year just fine not locked up.'

'How could you.'

Nora, who had been quiet the whole time until now spat the words with so much disgust everyone became quiet. She had looked at this scene long enough, she couldn't take it anymore.

'Nora I'm sorry please-'

'No. No sorry's here, we, I, trusted you with everything I had. I thought we told each other everything, I thought we would have our happy ever after together, damn it maybe I even loved you. But after all this you both lied, turns out you want us to become lab rats, Rosa had been right all along, Jensen's can't be trusted. And what she said in christmas break, she asked us where you were all day when we had lessons from Minho, I guess you were setting this all up. Tell me, how long are you betraying us behind our back? When did it all became fake?'

'Nora just listen.'

'What a legendary plot twist we have right here.'

When she began to speak she had been on the verge of tears but now she could only laugh. Laugh at how stupid they had been to trust them, laugh at how stupid they had been to trust anyone in a school full of wizards with parent issues at all. A psychopathic smile danced on Nora's face as she stared straight at Lars with red tear-dried eyes as if there were no other people in the room.

'Nora calm down please-'

'No. Answer the question.'

'I can't talk to you if you keep acting like this.'

'ANSWER MY GOD DAMN QUESTION.'

'YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, I'M HERE FOR YOU.'

'ANSWER! THE! FUCKING! QUESTION!'

'THE FUCKING TEST YOU DID FOR YOUR EXAM, THE SECOND WALL GAVE US YOUR EXACT LEVELS!'

'WHY THE FUCK IS THAT RELEVANT, YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED MY DAMN QUESTION!'

'YOU'RE A FUCKING LEVEL 75 NORA, ALL OF YOU ARE!'

Out of all things they didn't expect this and even Nora became quiet. They had heard Ana was a level 40 but had never heard story's about people higher than her, she was already almost a god or something, 75, almost twice as much, was not even thinkable, but Lars wasn't done yet.

'YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT THAT MEANS RIGHT? YESTERDAY ON THE ROOF YOU STOPPED THE TIME, THERE ARE ONLY FOUR PEOPLE WHO CAN DO THAT. YOU'RE FUCKING QUATTUORNEXUS!'

With that everything had been said what was needed to be said and everybody was silent from shock. While screaming Lars had began to cry and now hot tears ran down his face while the same happened to Nora. Liv who hadn't said a word yet walked towards Lars and put her arm around him and walked him out of the room.

'I think that's enough for today, we talk further tomorrow.'

Axel and Karine followed Lars and Liv out of the room and left Nora Sadie, Eva and Lisa in shock behind.

'I guess we're not like other girls.'