Ch. 28

They were sitting in a circle on the ground eating cake because that's how life is suppose to be. In between eating they were having all kind of conversations with eacht other at the same time, it was quite very much chaotic.

'So tell me, how did y'all set this shit up?'

'Well, birthdays are important you know so yea we were like what the fuck are gonna do and Julien was our saving angel. I dunno how he got this idea bu yea, that.'

'Well basically this is the Favre castle. It isn't really a castle but that doesn't matter. Its history goes way back, far before even the school. In the middle ages the Favre family already was a really powerful family, and I don't mean the powerful as in element powerful which they also were but I mean they had a lot of power and wealth in society. They build this chateau to keep their powers secret because apparently non Aithers can't see it or something I dunno. Anygays, They've lived here for centuries, even after the siblings founded the school. About a hundred years ago the chateau became uninhabited and everyone forgot it existed if they even knew in the first place. I dunno why it became uninhabited but it did so yea. So moving on hundred years later I was running away from the school because I hated my life but that's not what we are talking about, so I was running and I found this. I didn't know what it was but for some reason the place gave me comfort so yea, every time I wanted to be alone I went here, it was my safe space, and now I share it with you.'

'Ahhhhh that's actually kinda cute.'

'And that's kinda gay Fynn.'

'Lmao slaaay, slaaaa-'

'Ignore them, but why did you choose this place when it's your alone space?'

'I dunno, I used to be anxious about anyone finding this place but you are my besties and I trust you guys so I don't really mind anymore.'

'Ahhhh'

Eva stood up and walked around the circle to give Julien a hug. The rest joined the hug and now eight people were lying on each other in the middle of the room.  When they felt like they had shown enough love to Julien they stood up and sat down again.

Nora and Lars made eye contact which no one noticed except Eva, who became suspicious  right away. Nora broke eye contact with Lars and saw Eva had seen them. Now Eva and Nora were making eye contact, Eva squinting her eyes in suspicion until after like two seconds slowly a smirk appeared on her face. Nora knew Eva knew and cursed herself for being way too readable. She asked herself how long Eva already knew and why she hadn't said anything, even though it didn't really matter because she would've found out now anyways.

'Aight, so now we're all sitting again I like to say something to y'all. Actually we like to say something.'

The whole room became quiet and was listening with a serious face, everyone expecting the worst, except Eva, who had covered her mouth so the huge smirk spread across her face wasn't visible or wouldn't ruin the moment and scream accidentally.

Nora rolled her eyes at Eva which only made Eva smirk wider, and then she started to speak as well.

'Yea, we means me and Lars. Sooooooooooooooo, veryveryveryverymaybeLarsandIhavebeendatingforthepasttwoweeks.'

'Nora was very nervous and spoke in such speed no one had understood what she had said. Except Eva of course who was still trying not to scream.

'...What did you say?'

'Yea I couldn't understand either.'

They seemed to really mean it as their faces only showed seriousness and confusion.