Ch. 33

The new room was completely empty. Everything was black except for a few triangles on the wall and some circles beneath them. Slowly they walked towards the wall, kinda scared for what was going to happen.

'And now? I feel like I've said that already a thousand times today or something.'

'These symbols were also on the paper.'

'Cool. So what do they mean?'

Sadie walked towards the one completely on the right.

'This one means water.'

She walked towards the left.

'This one fire.'

She walked further.

'This one air.'

She walked towards the last one and stopped.

'And this one means earth.'

'Ohhh that's why we had to do this in teams of four! You need four different Sola to open this walldoor.'

'Walldoor?'

'Yes, like in wall, and door, you understand? Cool word, I know.'

'Anyways I guess we all just stand with our own element and place our hands on the circle. I don't really see what else we could do.'

'I'm scared.'

'Me too, we have no idea what's going to happen.'

'Well I'm starting to get claustrophobic in here so just do it.'

'Fine, on the count of three. Three. Two. One.'

'Zero.'

And all their hands were on the wall.

'I don't feel anything.'

'Me neither. Is there something suppooooohhhhhh my god.'

There it was. It was like they were struck by lightning or something. It felt something like the ceremony months ago but this time instead the energy came inside them it was trying to get out and tearing them apart. Fun.

They knew what great power could do and the last time they had almost lost control, that was not going to happen this time. After all, just like the wise Parker once said, with great power comes great responsibility.

'GUYS.'

Sadie was trying so hard to tell them but the pain was cutting deep in her soul.

'Take.

Control.'

Even though they were suffering they understood her, they had done it before so why couldn't they this time?

Slowly the pulling force turned into a pushing force as they tried to resist the power. Slowly the wall started to light up. The symbols turned bright red, blue, green and yellow. And then it shattered. The wall was just completely gone.

(At this point i'm just cringing to another level while writing this)

Behind the wall a staircase appeared.

'Nonono, why do there always have to be stairs? I hate fucking stairs.'

'I don't know what we just did but is was very god damn exhausting and now we need to climb stairs? They're the devil themselves or something.'

'Wasn't this shit on time? We should just go.'

'Ahhh okay fine, can anybody carry me maybe?'

'....no.'

'Yeez, I am going already, no need to be rude.'

They started to climb the stairs with difficulty while the conversation continued.

'What even kind of exercise was that back there? We didn't even use anything we've learned this year.'

'I don't think it was an exercise actually, it was more like a test. I think they were testing is we were... worthy? Does that make sense?'

'Wait... Yes actually it kinda does.'

'But the part I don't understand is that Ana said in the beginning they would be testing us on intelligence, creativity, trust and bravery. I suppose we just did intelligence and creativity but not trust and bravery, so what will we have to do next?'

'That thought kinda scares me, let's not talk about that. How about we talk about kittens, I love kittens. They are so damn cute and when I see one I just want to squeeze it.'

'I'd love to talk about kittens but we arrived to our next stop.'

With that Sadie opened the door. They had expected some kind of escape room or something, but instead a cold gust of wind and rain came towards them, the door lead them outside.

Now they were standing in the rain, in the dark, in the cold questioning life. Sadie did some swish and flick and an invisible umbrella appeared and now they were no longer standing in the rain.

'What the hell do we need to do now?'

'When I said I wanted to jump of a building I really didn't mean it, lord please forgive me.'

'I think we have to though.'

'Excuse me what?'

'There's nothing we can do here. Remember the bravery and trust? This is the only logical option. When you can't go up you need to jump into the deep.'

'Are you crazy? Down there is ice cold storming water, if we jump we'll die!'

'We can literally control elements, why is this so hard to understand? Did you hear the part I said trust?'

'I think Sadie is right.'

'You too?'

'Sadie can control water, even if there's nothing down there Sadie can save us.'

'Just come, remember when I jumped on my birthday without knowing what would happen? This is exact the same, just let yourself fall.'

'Come on, I can go first if you want to?'

'No we should all jump at the same time. On the count of three.'

'Three'

'Two'

They started running towards the edge.

'Why did we have to be tested on trust if I have so many damn trust issues?'

'One'

And they jumped.