Ch. 18

'Do we not need to wear something formal or something?'

'No you look fine.'

'You sure?'

'Yes Lisa I'm sure.'

'Oh my god I'm so fucking nervous.'

'Me too, I feel like I'm gonna die.'

'Y'all so dramatic for what? It's all going to be fine, actually, this is gonna be the best day you've had here so far.'

'Better than the day of the spaceflies?'

'hmm that's a good one, but I think it'll even be better than that.'

'Wow, then it must be very special.'

'Who are gonna be there anyways? Are you and Lars, Fynn and Liv gonna be there?'

'Of course we're gonna be there, probably like almost everyone, even when it's not your exam it's still very cool to watch.'

'Oh that makes it even better.'

'Now we're talking about Lars, Nora how are you and Lars doing?'

'Wow the weather is really nice today isn't it?'

'Nora, stop playing.'

'Alright I'm sorry.'

'Wait you're actually going to answer the question?'

All four heads of Lisa, Sadie, Eva and Julien now turned towards Nora.

'Yea I guess... Why wouldn't I?'

'Maybe because you've been dodging the subject Lars for the last five, or actually six weeks already.'

'Well, what do you want me to say?'

'Duh, are you dating?'

'Huh, no we're not, why would you think that?'

'Wait you guys weren't dating this whole time? My life has been a lie.'

'And you said we were dramatic, jeez Julien, you hypocrite.'

'But you would want to, wouldn't you?'

It was silent after that question.

'...maybe.'

'I fucking knew it.'

'You better not tell him because I swear to god I'll-'

'I won't, I won't, don't worry about it. I'm an excellent secret keeper.'

'One day Nola will sail, one day...'

'Nola?'

'Yes, Nora.... Lars.....'

Eva made a cup with her right hand when she said Nora's name and a cup with her left hand when she said Lars' name and then clapped her hands together.

'Eva, just... No, just no.'

--

They were walking towards the field it was all suppose to happen. It was already very dark and it was creeping the shit out of Lisa. It was almost time. They were suppose to come as one of the last because the whole ceremony was about them, the other new students had come into the school already knowing their Sola. Julien had told them there hadn't been a moonceremony in the past two years because everyone who came in since then already knew their Sola so basically the whole school showed up.

All the students were standing in a big circle around the statue which apparently already came out of the ground or something, that part of the story was still kind of blurry for them. The statue was massive and a lot bigger than they had expected. As they walked towards the statue the circle slowly split to make place for them to walk.

'Damn we're like royals or something.'

'I don't think I can take this.'

'Well we're already here now so we have to.'

They stoped when they arrived in front of the statue. Mrs Ana (the headmaster) was standing in front of it as if she was going to say some sort of speech or something.

'She better not give some sort of big speech or something.'

'Hello everybody, and welcome here at this special event.'

Mrs Ana spoke in a microphone because there were way too much people.

'Ah fuck she is.'

'Eva shhh she is right in front of us.'

'Today we're here to unlock the Sola of Nora, Lisa, Sadie and Eva, the four new students who joined us two months ago. When the red moon reaches its highest point the Circlator will feed itself from its energy.'

'Wait, Circulator? It has a name? Why does nobody tell me this kind of shit?'

'You just told me to shut up Sadie, do it yourself too please.'

'Sorry hoor.'

'What did she just say?'

They heard a random kid from the audience ask their friend or neighbor or something. They looked at each other with a look and looked back at Ana again.

'The Circulator will then pass on the energy to everyone present. The energy won't have any effect on anyone here except for the locked ones. The energy will want to bond to any life form available. The locked ones are the only ones who will be able to give it its bond and it will unlock all the energy already inside. The energy will fight for the body. The build up energy already inside is locked away for a long time and won't be very strong. The new energy will absorb the old one and they'll become one.'

'That's pretty clear.'

'So basically two energy forces will fight inside my body for my body? Obviously why didn't I think of that myself.'

'Haha, you're so funny Lisa.'

'Thank you, I know right?'

'I was sarcastic Lisa.'

'I know, I was too Sadie.'

'Shh I think it's going to begin.'

'Stupid ass, it started like ten minutes ago, she just gave a whole god damn speech and explanation.'

'Fuck was I suppose to listen?'

'You didn't listen?'

'....No.'

'Nora, you really are a dumb f-'

'Eva! don't say shit like that during the god damn ceremony.'

'Sorry Lisa, I will never do it again.'

'We both know you will.'

'Yea I was lying.'

'Please, step forward and take your place in front of the Circulator!'

'Ah fuck, here we go.'