chapter 8

After coming home from our little trip, it was back to business for everyone. He was doing what he done best with his company and well; staying away from me. I was worried a little but I knew how it was when you're busy.
The guys kept me company, when they could along me working my butt off. When I wasn't working I was at home keeping to myself until one day he had came over and told me why he was away for so long.
While we were away on our trip, something had happened durning that time and he had been staying at the office to make sure everything was getting back to normal. But he said all I needed to worry about was him, when he was coming back to me. Other words, just do me. Which I had done.
When I wasn't at my shop, on my days off, I would visit him at his office with lunch or dinner if it was late. And which it was some nights.
Every time I bought it up, he would ask me to come after work hours so no one would say a thing about it. Because there was some nosey employees there. They go to his father and tell him things that was going wrong.
At first I thought it was wrong, that maybe he was hiding me from everyone and boy I felt wrong about it but not until he has asked me to marry him in his office.
We was just talking about his work, how everything was going and not going to my shop how it was blowing up more and more then bam! That's when he hit me with the question.

"Carrie, I know we haven't known each other long enough together to this part but feel like a year is enough." When he has said that, I was confused wondering where this going until he came to me and dropped down on one knee and pulled out a box with a huge diamond ring in it. "Will you do me the honors of marrying me. I've never felt so more alive until I met you."
I was lost with words, I didn't know what to say or even do. But when into the ring into my head then looked up at home and nodded. "Yes, yes I'll marry you." I told him.

Once I said that, he placed the ring on my hand and pulled me up into a hug and spun me around.

"Just keep this between us for now." All he said, which made me become more suspicious of him after all of that.

But I couldn't keep it to myself. I told my family and friends, well the friends work with at least. They were all happy for me mostly my family. They wanted to meet him and I told them not just yet.
He wanted to keep it a secret from the company and the press and they understood that. They all did and I got that. But still felt wrong.
About a few months of being engaged, he helped me get us a place, well me a place to call my own and a car as well. His words were:

"I don't want my soon to be wife, living in a dump nor walking home from work anymore." When he said that, I felt so exotic, spectacular, of how the course of time that was running.

Was those the words I would describe how I feel about all of this, yes no. I was still a little bit of about it but if he was gonna be one of those husband's that wanted to support their wife's in surprises, hell I wanted to be that woman.
I've read in books and saw in movies of men doing that for their women and I always dreamt of being like that one day and that dream was coming true.
But not until a few months later on I was feeling off. I started getting tired more, my eating habits were off. I thought it was the stress from working and getting things ready for the ready that we still haven't found a date just yet. But thought nothing of it.
I mean I use to be like this was I was younger in college. It was just the stress that's all.