chapter 8

Well the twist is somewhat gone, but it will be back. I promise. I want to go back to where I was but keep a certain thing going on. So please don't get mad just yet, just read on and find what I have going on.

As time lead on, on what I had found out, was keeping it at bay til the right moment. But with the problem I have going on, is anything coming to an end. But for how I have seen what I've seen, it only makes the matters worse.
My father, I knew something was up but I couldn't pin point it. Chris was the only one that had that idea and well after what us 3 found was true. Carlie wanted to tell her mother right away, but me and Chris didn't. I wanted to play a little game with my father and see how it should go. And Chris was stuck in the middle between me and our sister. He wanted to do both but me being the youngest and the forgotten child, I wanted my way.
Chris had called Joey his best friend over and me I had called my drug friend/boyfriend over to help me catch a high and plan a certain thing on our father.
As both Jacob and Joey showed up at the same time, Joey gave me a look like he felt bad for me but also a mad look because Jacob was here. I knew he wanted to say something but Chris had pulled him away.
Joey was like a brother to me and I knew he always wanted to speak up about my problems but Chris wouldn't let him. One problem was me hanging out with Jacob and doing what he does.
As Jacob pulled me into my bedroom, he gave me a few pills to calm me down, which helped but I still felt the pain. Just never said anything about it.
As we sat and talked about how I wanted to tell my step mother and bust my father on what he's done. Nothing was never right.
That weekend, I was alone in my room thinking on which high I wanted to get on. I had everything all set up right in front of me and that moment I thought no one was home, boy I was wrong. My father came walking into my room just as I was about to push what was in the needle into my arm.

"What in the hell are you doing?" He yelled at me.

I just froze with my finger on the end as he had yelled making Chris and Joey run into my room as well. Joey's eye got huge on what he saw and was pissed, Chris just shook his head but kept his eyes on our father. And speaking of him, he had snatched out the needle from my arm just as I hurried up and pushed in the stuff. As he ripped it out, I started to bleed from where the needle was and started to feel weird. But a good weird that I wanted to be in.
As he was yelling at me, I just ignored him since I was high, but what got me somewhat out of my high was getting slapped in the face. I stared at him with my hand on my face, didn't know what to do or even say. But that moment, I didn't care what was about to happen next.

"Did you just fucking slap me?!" I screamed at him.
"The hell I did. What the hell is wrong with you? Getting high in my house."
"My room, now get the hell out."
"Like hell I am."
"So help me god, Mark." I said his name for the first time, he had froze. I never saw him get so pissed off in my life but what happened again next made me blurt out what I wanted to do to him.

He had slapped me again and this time it was so hard that I had fell off my bed. Joey and Chris ran over to me.

"Your lip is bleeding Rose." Joey had said.
"You didn't have to slap her so hard." Chris had said.
"I didn't mean to. Rose I'm sorry." Our father had said.
"No, don't. And just for that, I'm telling Cynthia what you've been doing behind her back as well."
"Like what?"
"Sleeping around on her once again like you done with my mother. On thanksgiving, we saw you with her in the den. And it wasn't office work either."
"I had no idea what your talking about." He had said as Chris and Joey had helped me up.
"You were fucking her!" I screamed at him.

And well that did it again. He slapped me so hard that I had fell out of Chris and Joey's arms and hitting the end table.
I so wanted to be dead at that moment for what he had done. I wanted to be where my mother was. I wanted to be with her up in heaven, running in a field of wild flowers. Soaking up the sun, letting the wind blow around me. Just like when I was a little girl again.
But in that time, at the moment, I just wanted to get away. Away from here, away from him. Joey helped me up for the last time, I hoped. And once he did, I ran out of the room, grabbing my phone and purse, with the tape in my bag, not caring if they were following me or even calling me. I ran out of the house, grabbing my coat and keys, got into the car and drove away.
I didn't know where I was going nor did I care. I wanted to be away from there. The last thing I wanted to see was my father.
As I drove around town, wondering where to go or where I wanted to be. When I saw I was low on gas.
I drove to the nearest gas station filled up, then drove a little aways until I saw I was near one of the shops. The big one at that, where my step mom would be at. As I parked in front and got out, I hoped no one had called her and told her what had happened. I didn't want to hear it from her. She was my savior after all, my one chance of living of being here. Other than my real mother.
As I pushed opened the door, I saw her. Her face literally lite up with joy, like she was super excited to see me here.

"Hey, your out of the house, I'm surprised." She has said. "You want your favorite?" She asked.

I didn't know what to say or how to speak at that moment so I just nodded my head. I went to the little bar counter and sat down, right there in front. As she handed me my favorite, I smiled a little. But thought of why I was here.
As I stared at my hot coco, thinking of how to say everything to her. I didn't want her to be hurt anymore than she is, but at the same time, I didn't want her hurting anymore. And after he slapper me, I had to put a stop to it.

"What's wrong sweetie?" She asked.
"I, I have something to tell you. But I know your not gonna believe me unless you see it and here you can't. So when you get home and get the chance, please. Please the love of gos and us kids, watch this tape." I told her as I took it out bag and slid it over to her.
"Rose, what's the meaning of this? Are you high?" She asked me softly.
"I was but not I'm not. After what father had done to me." I said as looked down.
"After your father done what to you. What did Mark do to you, Rosey?" She asked as she put her hand under my chin to make me look at her.

That's when she saw my busted lip and a small cut above my eye. Her eyes got big and started to tear up, which made me tear up.

"He hit you!?" She said kinda loud.

I just nodded my head letting the tear go.
She walked over the counter and came over to me. She grabbed ahold of me and hugged me for dear life.

"Honey, I'm so sorry he done that to you?" She told me.
"Its fine, I saw it coming. I just had to get out of there. So I took the car you guys got me but couldn't drive it til I was 16 but I had to get out."
"Its okay, hun. I understand, even though your almost 14 years old. But tell me why he hit you?" She asked. "Was it because you got high?"
I nodded my head for a moment then spoke. "Yes and no. I told him I was gonna tell you what he did on Thanksgiving, in the den."
"What did he do in the den?" She asked.
"He done another woman. Its all on that tape." I told her just as my phone was going off.

I jumped to it and looked to see who it was. Of course it was my father. But I obviously couldn't take the call. I did not have it in me to do so.

"I'm gonna go stay at Jacob's tonight. Or even my old house. It is my house after all."
"Yea, when your 18 years old but your not." She told me.
"Please, just let me this once. I promise I'll be fine. I have some money on me, unless he red code my card."
"Here, I have a few hundred in cash and take my card with you. If I need money, I can use my check book. I have a few grand in the bank just don't over do it please. I'll talk to your father when I get home. I'll pretend I didn't see you, just be careful Rosey." She told me.

I nodded my head and took her card and cash from her then left. As I was walking out, I saw her look at the tape then went to the back of the shop. I just hoped she don't watch it now. But if she does, god please be with her.