chapter 9

4 months of being engaged, still figuring out what I wanted for this wedding, he came home tired as always. Usually he stays at his office or goes home to his place, but he came home to me. If felt good having him home with me in my bed. We laid there talking over the wedding plans, drinking a few glasses of wine.
Which lead to things that, usually I wasn't in the mood for but tonight I was. I was like an animal. I tossed my tablet on the floor and just jumped on top of him and started making out with him. This wasn't me, but I sure did like it. And I believe he did as well.
After the 4 hours of love making, crazy sex, we fallen asleep in each other arms like always.
The next day he has came home early telling me he had to go on a few day business trip that he'll be back. And he told me when he got back, that there was a work ball/dinner thing going on and he wanted me to be there. I told him I'll go just tell me when he was gonna be back so I can go get me a dress to look nice in.
Those two days without him was hell, I gotten so used to having him with me at my house. Yes I know, it was work. Money for him to spend on me, money to help pay for our wedding, money to save for our future kids once we decided to start making them. Even tho, I have my shops to worry about, those were what kept me going while he was gone. As I went to both shops and worked so many hours at both of them, I still came home those two nights alone in a big house. Yes, it was a 3 bed room house but with just me here, it was lonely.
There were times I wanted to sing, "All By Myself" by Celine Dion out loud.
But he made it up the day he got back, he took me out to dinner and even helped me get a dress for the ball. But he didn't stay with me that night. He told me he had to go home to get ready for the next night and make sure everything went well as it should be.
That's when it went to hell. That's when I found out the truth behind this big shot, Mr. Mark. Living a life that I wish I wasn't apart of. But I'm getting a little far of my story.
As I was getting ready for the ball, I took a nice long hot shower, made sure felt and smelt nice for tonight. I put on my robe once I got out, to do my hair and makeup to look very nice. He was gonna send people to do those things for me, but I told him no. Didn't need them, that I was completely fine of doing it myself as always. I pulled my hair in a side bun with some loose curls around my face to help bring out my round face and my nice cheek bones. Then I took my robe off and slide on my dress and 3 inch heels to go with it. As I was done, there was a knock on the door. It was his driver telling him that Mark would meet me at the ball. I nodded at him as I turned around to grab my wrap and my purse with my phone and keys. Once I made sure I was ready to go, I walked out to the car with the driver after locking up.
I was already nervous as get out I can be but  because he wasn't here to pick me up, I felt more nervous than ever. But the closer I got, I felt off like something bad was gonna happen that I was gonna be where all his work people were gonna be. They didn't know me really. I'm sure they've heard of me at least.