chapter 13

Joey

As I sit in the corner of the hospital room, waiting for Rosey to wake up. They put her under, to help her sleep and have her on some nutritions in her IV to help her from all the drugs she has been on.
When Cynthia and her brother and sister showed up, Cynthia hugged me with a few tears running down her face, Chris was hurt and mad at the same time, Carlie, she didn't know what to say.

"Do you know why she done what she done?" Cynthia asked me.
"No, not really." I said at first. "But I'm pretty sure we all know why she did. She's gone through a lot."
"It doesn't matter what shes gone through. She shouldn't have done it in the first place." Chris had kinda yelled.
"You be in her shoes, Chris." I said. "She lost her mother, her father. She believes her life is slipping, that no one loves her." I snapped back.
"We love her."
"Do you? If y'all did, you wouldn't have let her move out on her own. She's young still but stubborn at heart. She didn't know her father a quarter of her life. She felt banded by him, then she finds out who he is and was there for her kinda. Then her mother gets sick then leaves her. Then her father did leave her again. How would you feel if that was YOU!?" I snapped at him.

After I said that, I looked away from him. I didn't even want to hear him say anything. At first I wanted to walk out the room to get some air, but I just couldn't feel myself to leave the room. Rosey was all I cared about at this moment in time.
Cynthia walked over to me and rubbed my back. She knew where I was coming from. Because she's saw it from the beginning. She's seen more what I've seen but Rosey talks to me so I know what she's been through.
Love, lost, hate, drug after drug. Fear, hope, love again, and she feels lost all over again. Where I thought she was coming out of it.

"Your in love with her Joey, ain't cha?" Cynthia asked.
"More than you know it. At first it was just friendship, than a little crush. But now that I see her in this state, I just wanna be there for her and love her. She needs that love and feeling. She's lost that love and feeling that use to be there and this is where she feels like she's lost it all." I explained.
"You believe since you've known her half her life you could help her in a way?" Cynthia asked me.
"Yes, when she lived with y'all I would just look at her and Chris would be like; stop staring that my sister."
"Because shes my baby sister and your my best friend bro. Of course I would say that." Chris had said.
"Well she's not a little girl anymore she's 15 years old. Living on her own because she don't want to be around anyone anymore. But I see her different than anyone else sees her. Even herself." I had said. "I want to love her like I'm gonna lose her. Like I feel like I am, by what she done. But... I, just don't... I don't know what to do."
Carlie walked over to me and Rosey. She touched her hand then touched mine. "If you love my sister like you say you do, then go for it. Show her what she's missing. Show her what Jacob couldn't do for her like what you can."
"Carlie,!" Chris had said.
"No, Chris. Just look at them, they're cute together and I don't want to lose my sister anymore than you do. Yes, I've never been close to her like you have. But I'm sick of the way Jacob has turned her into. She's not my baby sister that I grew up with. She's different and I don't like it. If her mother was here what would you think she would say to us? What do you think she would say Chris? Answer that, huh?"
"She would be pissed at us for letting her do shit like that. She would murder us, for letting her baby girl fuck her life up." Chris had said.
"Then why are you stopping Joey from helping her then. He's doing what neither of us had done." Carlie had said.

The way this was going, I was shocked. I didn't see Carlie saying shit. But Chris I did. He always didn't like the idea of me looking at his little sister. But over time, I couldn't help fall head over heels for her. Yes, I'm 3 years old than her. But you can't help what the heart wants, what the heart wants.
After what Carlie had said, she walked out of the room to do whatever, or even get away. Chris looked at me then walked out a few seconds after Carlie did.
About 5 minutes later, a nurse came and said that visiting hours were up for the night, except me. Cynthia made sure I was the only one that was allowed to come and go whenever I can.
The night couldn't get anymore boring and tiring as the night dread on. Just watching her sleep, listening to the beeps of the machine. Nurses and doctors coming and going to check on her.
A male nurse came in rolling a fold out bed for me as I was falling asleep in the uncomfortable chair. Which was nice of him to do so.
As I laid there watching her, who knows how many minutes or even hours, I finally fallen asleep. Hoping, no wishing she would be just fine by the time I woke up again. That nothing doesn't happen in the middle of the night.