Chapter 7

I started this chapter for Thanksgiving but end up stopping BC on the day if I got busy cooking a huge dinner for 4 ppl, than got back to work the next day then yesterday I spent time with my man. Well, while I'm laying in bed, I thought I should finish this chapter up. Sorry for the lateness of it, hope y'all will still love it.

I woke up to it being loud in the hall. I didn't want to get up, but I had to see what was going on. As I got up and walked to my door, I looked over at the calendar and saw it was the week of Thanksgiving. Which meant no school this whole week, which was awesome.
As I opened the door, I saw my loving step mother in the hall closets digging out stuff. When I walked over there, I saw some of the stuff was our good china that we usually used around the holidays. Its been awhile since we actually had a nice homemade dinner for Thanksgiving since my mother passing away and everyone being so busy all the time.

"Honey, I'm going to head off to the store to get what you need off the list I'll be back in a few hours." I heard my father say as he walked out of their room towards the stairs. "Rose, your awake?"
"Yea, I got woken up but its fine." I had said.
"Sorry Rosey, I didn't mean to wake you. I just can't find half of our shit." Cynthia had said, sitting on the floor, staring at me with sad sorry eyes.
"Its okay." I told her.
"What are we missing?" My father asked her.

He was being nice and helpful for once. I've never seen him like this. Unless someone is coming over and oh god. I wonder who that could be.

"Everything, half our dishes are gone. This is all we have." She told him.
"I'll get more, write what you need on this list and I'll go get more money out of the safe." He said as he handed her the little notebook and pen.

She nodded then started writing down everything she need, which was a lot. Especially for this family.
After a few months, my father came back out and Cynthia handed back the notebook and pen to him. After that he was gone and a few moments later, one of our seasonal helps came up the stairs.

"Mr. Jefferson said grab what you had put to use for now." The woman has said. I never caught her name, or just didn't want to remember it since we hardly use her.
"Yes, thank you. Just grab these and bring them into the kitchen." Cynthia told her.

The help grabbed everything she could and went downstairs. As Cynthia cleaned up the hall and put what she didn't need back into the closet.
As I stood there and leaned against the wall, I thought of who was coming. Then I just blurted out the question.

"So who's coming?" I asked.
"The usual. My family, your fathers family, your grandparents, and your fathers boss and wife." She said as she shut the door. "Oh and a few extra guest from his job."
"I knew it. We never go this all out unless its someone important. Nor do we have a huge dinner. Father's never really here."
"Yes, well that's true. Your father is usually out of town on business but this year he's home and well bringing business here instead. So please don't go into the den, He's holding his little business thing down there as his office." She told me.
"Yes, ma'am." I said as I walked away to go back into my room. "Can you make my favorite dish?" I asked before I closed my door.
"Homemade baked mac and cheese with all different cheeses?" She asked, smiling a little. I nodded. "Yes, I was gonna make it. I had to make a little everything of everyone's favorite dish." She said as she chuckled.
"Oh thank you." I said as I smiled at her then  closed my door.

We had a few days til Thanksgiving and she was already getting the stuff. It was a last minute thing since we're having a lot more people then usually.
I sat at my desk, got onto computer to video call Joey. He went to his grandparents house for the week, since was a few states away. We were both hurt that he was leaving. And by the time difference, he was just a few hours away of me.