Chapter 4

(A little twist in the story. What if Rose was like her sister and brother? Would she still hung out with Jacob and Nate? Or would she find a hot boy just like her? Just because who she is.)

It all started when I got to freshman year of high school. I, Cynthia Rose Jefferson, the most lucky and popular girl in school beside my siblings. Chris, foot ball star and a lady's man. Carlie, the smarts and an all star sports girl, that has nothing to do with the boys. And there's me, the beauty, some smarts and just like my brother, I get the boys.
Yes, I may be thick with some curves, an a$$ and bõõbs but I ain't fat. For my size and how I look, I'm only 5 foot 5 inches, weighting 125 pounds. I'm tall for my age, 13, and I'm taller than what my mother was but I do it with pride. I want to be the one that makes my mother happy even though she got away from me.
Yes, gotten away from me. She passed away 3 years ago and that changed me. I want to be the best I can be. And that's what I did. For being a Jefferson, I gotten away with a lot even when my father wasn't around or was, the name Jefferson just screamed; LEAVE ME ALONE! And some did but some just loved me even more. The same with my siblings.
As I walk around the school with the boys at my heels begging to be with them but I never really gave them a time of day. Except one boy. He had my heart but we were just friends, best friends really and his name was Joey.
Joey was an all star rep type of boy, has the grades, the looks, the god given body type that a woman would love to have around their arms. But to me, I didn't care to be honest.
Joey was the type to treat you right, he was kind and caring and he was there for me when I was feeling low on certain days. I wish I met him sooner maybe he would have helped me with what was going on with my mother but I didn't meet him will my freshman year of high school. Opening day, matter of fact.
I was walking the halls when I ran into him and dropped everything. I was shy at first but once he knew who I was, he didn't back down or run away. He didn't push to go out like some of the boys here but not did I push him either. I didn't say mean shit to him like I do some of the kids, I kept him perfect for me.

"Rose, I don't know how you do it with them following you around?" He has asked me one day
"Hmm, they come in handy some days when your not around." I said laughing a little. "They do things for me, like I need a drink!" I said a little loud for them to hear me.

All you heard was loud noises behind me, of the boys running around to find me a drink. Once one of them got me a drink or drinks they ran to me calling out my name to see which drink I would want.
Four of them came running over saying my name and when I heard them, I stopped and looked at them. One had a water, one had a Dr. Pepper, one had a mountain dew, and the other had a OJ. They just knew me so well on what I drink, but I had chosen the OJ to give me vitamins during the school day.

"Thank you, for the OJ." I said as I opened it. I took a drink of it before looking back at Joey. "See how easy that is. You could have the same thing with ladies."
"Naw, I don't want that. Especially when I have one lady on my arm in waiting." He said as he looked at me smiling.

At first I thought he was talking about me since I was the only girl around but that was when Jenny had came into view. She was smiling right at us, fixing her hair to the side as we reached her.
Joey and her have been dating for a while, she was the lost puppy looking for the right guy, just snatched my right guy.

"Rose! Joey!" She called out.

I smiled and nodded at her. I like her but to a point I can't stand her. Especially when Joey is around. I walked a little past them to go to my locker when someone had ran into me, making me drop everything.

"Excuse me, what the hell!? Watch where your walking, a$$hole!" I had hollered out.

It was Jacob, the trouble sum kid. The drug head, the bad kid that no one likes.
He looked at me and smiled for a second then changed it when he saw who it was. He turned around and walked away, in a fast movement. Probably thought my brother or Joey would have done something.
But right on cue, my brother did show up with a new girl under his wing. Come to save the day for his little sister.

"You okay?" He asked me.
"Yea, I guess. Fücking Jacob, ran into me and made me drop everything." I said as I bent down to get them but one of the boys that usually follows me around ran over and picked them up for me.
"Here you go, Rose." He had said handing them to me.
"Awe, thanks. Umm, Michael was it?" I asked.
"Yea, you remembered."
"Of course, we have honors math together. You sit behind me." I said.
"Yea, I do. Wow, I didn't know you knew that was me." He said smiling like a big ole freak. He was cute but not my type though.

I nodded and put everything into my locker and headed towards the exit. It was time to go. The best part of the day, to go home and chill out with my friends.
My step mom was at work and my father out of town, like always. So me and my siblings had the house to ourselves. Chris invited a few friends, I done the same, and Carlie, well she was up in her room with a girlfriend from school. Her best friend Ally.
As the day was ending, for us, we all went out ways til dinner was set up. Our help, Diana, that our father hired made us 3 meat, 4 cheese lasagna. One of my favorites and after the long crazy day I was having, I was glad she had made this.
Diana was like our live-in maid that done everything. I've known her since I met her. She was like another mother. But not the mother type she calls it. She says she loves children, just don't want to have kids just yet. Or don't want them at all, she was probably just trying to spare my feelings when I was younger. She's going on 40 years old with no kids so I'll take the hit she don't want them.
She calls us her children since she helps raise us when the parents are gone. Normally, I wouldn't mind it but times I love it around the certain date. Carlie still helps me but Diana, she just has that touch that warms my heart, to have the empty spot filled where it needs to be.

So, I know its short didn't want to go all into it with a big ole bang and it not be perfect but after writing and re reading it, I think it went okay for a short chapter, for a twist I mean. The next chapter will have another crazy twist. I'll let y'all know when it goes back to the boring story again. Lol <3