~the truth~

it had been around 5 weeks since the afternoon on the boat and it has been rough. since I'm pregnant I've had a little morning sickness and I have been really fatigued. rafe has been staying with me most of the time but to make things less obvious he would go home for a couple of days.

rafe has been really good. he always helps me when I need it and he has made me feel really good about myself and made me feel protected and I'm ready for what's next to come in our relationship.

I heard the door open and looked over. I was standing in the kitchen chopping up slices of apple to dip in peanut butter as I have been craving it.

"hey em" Sarah said as she walked over to me.

"hey Sarah what are you doing here I thought you were going to the waterfront with top" I said as I chucked a piece of peanut butter covered apple in my mouth.

"yea I still am I just wanted to ask if you're up for dinner tonight with the family. dad asked me to ask you" Sarah said before she put her hands on my stomach and started mumbling stuff to the baby.

Sarah often does this. she said that as early as 14 weeks the baby may be able to hear so she's started talking to it.

"um, sure that sounds nice" I smiled down to her.

Sarah looked back at me and smiled" so when are you going to tell them"

I looked at Sarah confused.

"when are you going to our parents about this" Sarah re-stated.

"oh" I sighed as I sat down on a bar stool.

"rafe and I have discussed it but we still aren't sure" I confused as I looked down at my fingers.

Sarah came over and took me in for a hug.

"you'll tell them when your ready em. I know that you'll make the right decision" Sarah said 

I appreciated what Sarah said and I took it upon myself.

"well I'm going to leave now ok. tops probably wondering were I am" Sarah laughed.

"be at our house at 6:00pm" Sarah added while waling out the door.

"yep ill be there" I called as she ran to the car.

I closed the door and made my way back inside.

I brought my apple and peanut butter over to the couch and sat down.

what am I going to tell rose and ward and when or more importantly, what am I going to tell my parents. as much as I want to tell them I don't know if they'll support me and what if they don't and with rafe being a daddy pleaser, he might to help me and ward will get angry and my parents might abandon me. well at least if the abandon. me it won't be that bad as thats how its been almost all of my life.

I sat in thought for a while thinking about all of this stuff when I looked at the time. it was 3:pm so I had another 3 hours until I had to go to the Cameron residence.  since I'm a proactive type of person I decided to go and pick out an outfit now so I wouldn't dwell on the subject later.

when I got to my room I headed over to my cupboard. I pulled out all of my flowing dresses so that my small bump wouldn't be noticed. then I tried them all on. since I've always been a dress person I have around 50 of them and around 20 of which being flowing. after I did this I narrowed it down to 3. the first one being a floral long dress. the second one being a red dress with white polka dots on it and the third being a simple yet elegant white  dress with lace detail.

of corse I chose the white one as I thought that the others were more of a beach dress then a dinner dress.

I grabbed some accessories such as jewellery and shoes not to mention a bag and then it was ready. my outfit was ready.