look out

"hey em" I was shaken awake.

I opened my sore tired eyes to see rafe fully dressed. I squinted my eyes in confusion.

"I'm going to dads house today and then going out in that search party for John b"rafe told me.

"why are you going to your dads?" I asked as I understood the search party.

"he said he needs some help with somethings around the house so I'm going over to help"

I just nodded my head and shut my eyes again. i heard the front door shut and the car start up and drive away. I tried to go back to sleep as I was tired but it was no use, I was already awake.

I got up from the bed and waddled to the bathroom. these babies are constantly pushing on my bladder.

I went downstairs and decided to make myself 2 bowls of cereal. I got out the lucky charms and poured it into the two bowls before I sat down on the couch and turned the tv on.

I started eating my cereal when a headline came up on the tv.

"last night a great life was sadly lost. further inquires to the case are being made now. if you have any updates about John b's whereabouts please call the Kildare sherifs department. if you are able to bring John b to the sherifs department a 25k reward will be handed to you.stay safe"

I still couldn't believe it. how could someone do something like that. John b seemed to be a nice boy but I guess you can't judge a book by its cover.

I finished my cereal and decided that id go see Sarah. my guess is that she'd be with topper so I think I'm just going to go over to his place. topper and I have been friends since we were babies. since he was 18 like me we have always been close compared to rafe who is almost 20.

I got dressed in maternity jeans.(they are so ugly and not my style but I can't fit normal jeans on anymore so I had to wear them).I put on a blue  blouse and put on some white flats. I grabbed my bag and my phone and walked out of the house, got in my car and drove to toppers house.

I pulled up out the front of his house and grabbed my stuff and walked to the door and knocked.

topper opened the door and let a smile come onto his face. he wrapped his arm around me and welcomed me inside.

"hey Emmy, what are you doing here?" topper asked.

"I was looking for Sarah actually and figured she's here"

topper looked down and shook his head."nope not here. I haven't seen her in around 5 days. she's been ignoring my messages and calls"

I felt bad for topper. Sarah has always been very much her own person and will just do what she wants and doesn't let anyone stop her. topper and I walked inside and out to the pier.we sat down under the cover and  talked.

"so how's rafe?" he asked.

"he's been really good. he's slowed down on the cocaine which is good but he has seemed a little stressed this morning. apparently ward wants help with stuff. generally ward will just call someone to help not call rafe" I responded.

"yea it is weird, but like I can't believe that John b killed the sherif. I never thought he'd do something like that. I mean he's a douche but a murderer? idk if he'd do that to be honest"topper told me.

I nodded my head. John b never had the best life growing up as he lives on the cut with not much money and his dad just died but still I don't think he could murder someone.

"yea well its just so strange"I said.

topper and I talked for hours about everything and what's been happening when topper got a call from kelce.

"hey man guess what?" topper called through the phone.

"yea ,what" topper asked.

"I've got John b locked up in my laundry room!"

topper and i's jaws dropped in shock. 

"come here and hold him in so I can call the police and claim that 25k reward"kelce said before hanging up.

topper and I went to the car and jumped in and made our way over to kelce house. kelce didn't live to far away so it was only a 3 minute drive. when we got there kelce brought us inside. topper went to the laundry room door while I sat at the dinning room table listening and kelce waited outside for the police to arrive.

"did you know that Sarah and I were married" I heard topper yell.

"yea, yea I did" John b replied.

"of corse you did. let me ask you one more question"topper said.

"did you fuck her?" topper asked.

"no-uh no well yes"

"DID YOU FUCK HER OR NOT JOHN B"topper yelled.

"ok look man yes- we did it, we did it once just don't used the f word it sound grotesque"John b said.

I could handle this anymore. firstly the one person that would actually support me got murdered yesterday and now my best friend has cheated on her husband with a pogue that murdered the sherif. I left the house and walked outside. there were police surrounding the front of the house  waiting for shoupe to arrive so they could get him. I continued to walk out when I felt strong hand grab me. I looked up and saw rafe. 

"what are you doing here Emmy, you should be at home relaxing. this is to stressful for you and the babies"rafe told me.

"I was with topper and the kelce called us over. John b is locked in the laundry room and I also just found out that Sarah has been cheating on topper with John b and I just don't know what to think" I cried.

"hey hey, take the car back home and ill get a ride with topper. you shouldn't be exposed to all of this"

rafe gave me the keys to the car and I drove home.as soon as I got home it was dark out so I went inside and made some dinner. I made a really nice taco bowl and then I got dressed in pyjamas and went to bed. the day was so stressful and sad and I just needed sleep.