black

rafes pov:

I held Emmys hand as she pushed out the second little baby. once she delivered the baby the midwife brought the two and placed them on Emmys chest. seeing the little babies in person gave me such a strong connection and from that moment forward id never let anyone touch my sons.

as I stood there admiring the beautiful babies I heard the machines start to go off. I looked towards emmy and saw that her eyes were closed and that blood started pouring out of her.

"what's going on" I asked in worriedly.

no one replied they just continued to race around and do things. the babies were taken and put into a crib and taken away while injections were put into emmy and monitors were hooked up.

"what's going on" I shouted.

"sir I'm going to have to ask you to leave the room now. we will tell you what's going on once its under control" the doctor told me.

I walked out of the room and watched them do various things to her limp body.i couldn't believe it. I was the one who got her pregnant , its my fault she's going through this.

it was 8 am in the morning so I decided to call dad. he told me to call him if something was wrong so I am.

"hey rafe what do you want?"my dad asked through the phone.

"hey dad, emmy had the babies but she went unconscious and they kicked me out and I have no idea where the babies are and what's happening to emmy" I cried through the phone.

"oh shit, ill be right there with wheezie and rose ok"

"ok please be quick dad, I need you"

I sat down in a chair in the waiting room for around 15 minutes when I heard my name.

"mr Cameron"

I looked over at the doctor who called my name and ran over.

"is she alright?" I asked.

"yes she is fine, she suffered Postpartum haemorrhage. a postpartum haemorrhage is heavy bleeding after the birth of your baby. Losing lots of blood quickly can cause a severe drop in your blood pressure. It may lead to shock and death if not treated. The most common cause of postpartum haemorrhage is when the uterus does not contract enough after delivery. luckily we were able o treat it and she is fine. she will need to be monitored for around 1hour and then you'll be able to go see her but I was wondering if you'd like to see your babies?"the doctor told me.

I stood there for a second.

"yea id like to see them" I smiled.

the doctor lead me to a large room filled with monitors and different things like that.we walked over to a spot and there were to humidity cribs.

"here are your little boys" the doctor smiled.

I walked towards them and sat down on the chair in front of them. they were so small and so fragile. I placed either one of my hands in the cribs and delicately patted their small heads. even though they were so small I can see features of emmy, like their noses and their hair.

"you can hold them if you want. it would actually be good to give them some skin to skin contact" the doctor told me.

"oh ok, how to I hold them?" I asked.

"well first take your shirt off and then place your hand under his head and the other on his back and then gently lift him up and then ill grab the other one"

I took of my shirt and did what he said and then I had a tiny little baby in my arms. I sat down on the nursing chair and placed the baby gently on my chest. the doctor grabbed the other little boy and placed him down next to his brother on me. the boys had cords attached to them as they were so small.

"did you know that their identical?" the doctor asked.

"yea they look so similar. I don't know if ill be able to tell them apart"I laughed.

"you will. you find certain features and they will both have different personalities so you will be able to tell them apart but I'm going to leave you here. if you need anything just press this button and ill be back"

I nodded my head and the doctor walked away. I sat down and looked at my beautiful baby boys.

"hey little babies. the last time I talked to you was when you were in mummies tummy. you guys are everything I imagined and so much more. I can't wait until you guys meet mummy. she will be so happy to see you. when you see mummy you'll get a name and I can't wait to give you one. I love you my babies" I kissed their fore head and layed back.

they were sound asleep on my chest when I heard a noise. I looked towards the door to see my dad, rose and wheezie standing there. I gestured for them to come over and meet the babies. wheezie face lit up and joy as she's never really see a small baby before.

"good job son. you make me proud" my dad told me.

I felt so completed. I've never felt like I had been accepted my dad but these babies have given me the clarity I needed. ill always make sure that my boys feel accepted and so they don't have to make them feel the way my dad made me feel.

we all sat in the room for around 1 hour with the babies when the doctor came in.

"hey mr Cameron, Emmy is awake and your able to see her. we will also bring the babies over to as well for you guys"

I had already put the babies down and got up .

"it was nice seeing your babies rafe but we will leave you to see Emmy " dad told me.

"thanks dad" I gave him and hug.

they all left out the door and I went to Emmys room to go see her. two midwifes pushed the cribs in front of me and then we entered the room.

as soon as I walked in I saw Emmys face light up. she let some tears slip as the ladies put the babies next to her in the cribs.

"hello mrs Cameron, we will let you have time with your babies and then we'll get you to try breast feeding ok?"

she nodded her head not losing sight of the babies.

the midwifes left the room and I came and sat next to emmy.

"come lay with me" Emmys said as she patted the spot next to her.

"let me give you the babies first" I smiled.

I walked over and I handed her each baby before continuing to lay down.we layed together and for a while admiring our new babies.

"so what are going to call them?" I asked.

"I think we already know" she smiled.

"well then, hello Luca and Reed Cameron"