babies

its been a few days since the event with rafe and I've been feeling weird. I just feel really drained and tired. I've been in bed most of the time. rafe has been better and not as snappy, I think he just need to fuck his anger out.

it was around 2 am and I was laid in bed awake. I just could get myself to fall asleep.rafe laid next to me in a deep slumber while I laid awake.i started to feel hungry so I got up out of bed and waddled down stairs and into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and grabbed some pre cut apple slices and got the peanut butter as well since it was my favourite snack.

I walked over to the table and sat down and ate the snack. I opened my phone and saw that I had a message. I clicked it open and what I read shocked me.

Messages

Sarah💗-hey em, I'm back! I just wanted to tell you that I miss you. if you haven't heard already John b has been taken into custody. since you last saw me I was flipped in a tropical storm, taken in by a ship and taken to Barbados, tried to take back 400 million dollars, got shot, the plan failed and now im back in outer banks. id really love to catch up with you and clear the air as I know that things ended pretty badly when I left. I lovey you Emmy😘

I couldn't believe it, Sarah actually texted me

id love to meet up with you and catch up, you don't understand how much I missed your stupid face😌-me

after around 30 minutes of reading emails and doing other things on my phone I decided to go back to bed. I felt clear minded and I actually feel good.

as I got up off the chair I felt warm liquid drip down my leg. I stood there thinking I had pissed myself but the liquid kept on coming out. my pants became soaked and I was all wet.i didn't know what was happening because it all came so quickly. I started to walk back up to the bathroom to see what was going on.

when I reached the bathroom I looked down at the liquid and then I realised... my water had broke. I was 33 weeks pregnant and my water had broken.

I quickly scurried into the bedroom and shook rafe.

"rafe , rafe , wake up"

"I'm trying to sleep Emmy"

"yea I was too until my water fucking broke" I said as I slapped rafe across the face.

"your water did what?"rafe jolted awake.

he looked down at me to see my bottom half drenched in liquid. rafe got out of bed and got me a new pair of pants. I put them on along with a maternity pad as I didn't know if more would be leaking out. we went into the nursery and started to pack the rest of the things into the hospital bag when I felt a strong pain corse in my abdomen.

"ahhh" I screamed at the immense pain I was in.

I grabbed out my phone and when the contraction stopped I pressed start on a timer to keep track of how far apart the contractions are apart. I called the hospital and told them what was happening and they told us to come in since the babies are pre mature and the fact that their twins.

"ok have we got everything?" rafe questioned as we were about to walk out of the door.

"yep I think so"

we got into my Range Rover and we headed to the mainland to go to the hospital.on the way there I had another contraction.

"get me to the hospital now I need the drugs. this shit hurts"I told rafe.

"do you want some of my coke, I have a baggie in the back?" rafe said gesturing to the back of the car.

I store at him in disbelief."no I don't want your cocaine Rafe. it could kill the babies"

rafes face dropped"I'm sorry I'm just stressed and I don't know how to help".

I smiled at his cuteness and then we pulled up at the hospital. we were met at the front of the hospital by the staff holding a wheel chair for me to be brought up in. I was wheeled into my own private room and we got comfortable.

the contraction were coming in round for 5 minutes. the gynaecologist took a look and saw that I was 6 cm dilated.

"hello mrs Cameron, since you are at 6 cm dilated I wanted to know if you wanted me to bring in the Anaesthetists to do an epidural or are you fine with the gas?" the doctor asked.

"I would very much like the epidural thanks" I said in a snobbish tone.

rafe sat by my bed and laughed at my conversations with the doctors as I was becoming quite cranky and short with them.

the anaesthetists came in and put the big long epidural in. I wasn't fazed as I was more focused on rafe standing on the other side of the room laughed as he saw mw half naked bent over a bed while someone stuck a needle in my back.

they put me back on the bed and I laid down. immediately I couldn't feel my lower half of my body. it was a strange sensation.

after around 6 hours of waiting for things to happen my obstetrician walked in.

"hello Emmy, I'm just going to check your vitals and see how far along you are. for a rough idea when the babies are delivered they will be taken to the neo intensive care unit or nicu for short as they are pre term. as far as were concerned it looks like it should be a safe delivery"

I smiled at the doctor and he continued to check everything.

"well Emmy, it looks like its time to deliver. ill go grab the midwifes and we will get those babies out of you"

I laughed at his antics and then was later directed to get into the birthing position . since I couldn't feel the contractions the doctors had to direct me when to push.

rafe came and stood next to me and held my hand. we looked into each others eyes and thats when I knew that I was ready. I was ready for these babies and I was ready for whatever our future faced, and wed face it together.

"alright I'm going to need you to push now alright.1,2,3..."

I started pushing as hard as I could for 10 seconds.

"ok good, and again. 1,2,3,4.."

I pushed harder for another ten seconds.

after around a minute of pushing I heard cries of a baby.

"congratulations mr and mrs Cameron, baby a is a boy"

I smiled up at rafe while the midwife placed the baby on my chest for the moments I had before I had to push again. the little baby boy was gorgeous. even though he was cover in vernix and blood i still thought that he looked exactly like his father.

the doctor pick the baby backup and I started to push again. I was starting to feel tired and sleepy and I was finding it hard to push.

"I don't know if I can do this " I told everyone as I could feel myself going in and out of consciousness.

"just one more big push Emmy , you can do it"

I did my last big push and again I heard cries again.

"amazing job Emmy, baby b is another little boy" was the last thing I heard before I slipped out of consciousness.

all I could see was black and I heard the beeps of machines going off. as I slipped further away I could hear rafe yelling at the doctors before everything went back and I no longer could hear.