the runaway

its been 1 week since rafe and i's honeymoon. the week has been consisted of me going shopping on the mainland for baby clothes and furniture while rafe has been hanging out with his friend Barry and occasionally topper and kelce. 

today I was out on the mainland shopping for cribs and strollers. I want to get the best things for my children so I was shopping at baby bunting. 

before I left today rafe and I were sitting out on our balcony that overlooked the water talking when wheezie walked in.

"hey Wheez"I said as she walked over and sat down.

"hey Emmy and hello to you too rafe"wheezie taunted.

"what are you doing here wheezie?"rafe huffed.

"well I came to tell you that dads taking Sarah to Barbados on a work trip"

rafes head shot up.

"what when"

"this afternoon"wheezie replied.

"I've got to go" rafe said as he stood up and left.

"what was that about?" I asked.

"he's just a daddy's boy and he wants to please dad. all his life he's thought that dad likes Sarah more so he always tries to out do him".

I just nodded my head and got up.

"what are you doing today ?" I asked.

"nothing"

"what to come baby furniture shopping?"

"sure".

after that wheezie and I left for the mainland .it took us an hour to get to our destination.we walked into the shop and immediately I feel in love. 

we firstly walked towards the cribs and looked through the cribs.i was looking for a wooden look so I looked through all the options. there was so many to choose from so I went and got a store assistant to see which one is the best.

"hey which one out of these three is the best?" I asked.

"well the moderna is taller so that your child can use it for longer then just a newborn but the havana is bigger and more spacious and the Rigby is sturdier but cheaper."the worker said.

"ok lets make this simple, which one do most people buy?"

"the havana mrs "the worker replied.

"well then ill take two of the havana"

the worker nodded and put it down on list.

"and ill also get the elanor double stroller please" I added.

"is that all ?"the worker asked.

"yes thanks"

I did all my details and we got it packed into the car and then drove back to outer banks.

as we got to the house there was lots of helicopters flying around. we did go to the Cameron residence so I could take wheezie home.we both walked inside to see rose and rafe sitting on the couch watching the tv so that was weird.

"hey what's going on"I asked.

"watch"rose replied.

I sat down next to rafe and looked at the tv.

"breaking news, today sherif peterkin was shot on the Eastland tarmac by none other then John Booker Routledge. if anyone has any updates about johns whereabouts please contact the sherifs department straight away" the reporter said.

my face just dropped. the man who helped me when I fainted. the man who was also staying in this very house was a murder. I couldn't believe it. I started to tear up at the sight.

"im going home" I said as I stood up with tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

"yea im coming" rafe said.

"NO" I yelled.

"I need time for myself"

I turned around and went back home.

I sat down in bed and tried to get my mind off of what was happening but then I decided that I just had to face it so I went and brung the cribs into our room and set them up while I watched the news.

"here is an exclusive report from the man that was on the scene Ward Cameron" my face dropped.

why was he on the tarmac?.

"so ward what did you see?"the reporter asked.

"I was going to Barbados for a business related concern when John bs car pulled up infront of my aircraft.i was forced to stop and I got out of the plane. sherif peterkin came to get John b as he was refusing to go into care and it all happened so fast and I just heard a gun shot. I looked over to see sherif peterkin laying on the floor losing consciousness and I also saw John b standing with a gun in his hands. John b ran away but I couldn't chase him. I had to stay with peterkin" ward replied.

"thank you ward" the reporter thanked him.

he waved and walked away from the camera.

all I could say was that the fact ward was there was weird. I continued to set up the cribs while watching the updates on peterkin when something that shattered me came up.

"breaking news. today sherif Susan peterkin was shot on the Eastland tarmac. after a long and hard fight for life Susan eventually didn't make it. Susan will always be remembered. Rest In Peace Susan, you will be missed".

I dropped my screwdriver on the floor in shock. Susan has always been here for me, checking in and making sure I've been ok over the years and now John b killed her . I finished up with the cribs and put them in the room and climbed into bed.i wrapped myself into the blankets and rocked back and forth. tears streaming out of my eyes I heard a knock at the bedroom door.

I looked up to see rafe standing at the door. he walked over to me while taking of his shirt and pants only to be left in his underwear. he slipped under the covers and took me in his arms. he shushed me while rocking me back and forth. in no time I was asleep and I felt safe.

authors note:

hey everyone thank you for 12k reads. I can't believe so many people have read my book. I've just gotten out of lockdown and I've been at school and its been really hard to have a steady flow of writing.