Chapter 14

A/N: Its more than about time. :P

Chapter 14
•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•
Little Lies
•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Coiny's P.O.V.

I could feel the air run through my hair. It was almost crisp, just cold and humid enough to enjoy it. The sun setting so sweetly that evening. The raspberry lemonade sunset oozing through the sky. It was enticing to just sit on a hill and lay back, engulfing in what was splendid scenery.

I let out a heavy breath, one that I hadn't been aware I had been holding in. My shoulders falling down before rising as I breathed. It was at ease.

Almost.

"Hey, Coiny! How much longer until you leave?"

My sight bounced from the warm sunset to Firey. His head to the dusk, his face barely visible.

I stayed silent, unsure of how much time I went by, but the sight of the warm sun told me just enough.

"I'm not sure. I've been here for longer than usual," I stated, the words leaving my mouth with confusion. I peered over the railing, catching sight of the empty streets.

"Wonder what's taking them so long."

The faint specks of the people's outlines were visible. I could make out Nickel and Needle, who sat on the edge of the sidewalk.

"Well, whatever is keeping them late, stay quiet. In case they arrive out of nowhere," I stated, looking back at Firey, as I only received a hum in response.

Forcing him to do something was something I detested-especially when he didn't deserve his punishment. Talking seemed to ease both of us. At least I tried to think of it that way. Even if it was a small chatter, it was pleasant.

I hung my head from the edge of the railing, the two keeping guard of the bottom of the Yoyle-Needle hardly visible, almost like ants. Captivating and somehow entertaining.

"You know, Coiny. I don't remember why we fought."

I looked back at him, confused by his sudden statement. Looking back to the door behind me, nervous about whether someone would waltz through the door.

"I mean, I can't blame you. You don't remember much. Not that surprising that you remember little."

Silence fell upon us once more. I could see Firey shift anxiously, combing his hand through hair, avoiding his flame. His eyes shifting, the bags under his eyes reflecting what little sleep he got.

"I lied."

I kept quiet, the gears in my head turning, trying to comprehend what he had meant.

"I'm sorry, what," I asked, sounding more flabbergasted than confused.

He said nothing in return. He instead sat down, his hands covering his face as he pressed them against his skin. I stood silent, still trying to decipher his words. Seconds passed by as he didn't utter another word.

"Firey, what do you mean by 'I lied'?"

Silence engulfed the surrounding air before what sounded like sobs fell like hail. Fragile and so heavy with emotion. Yet I couldn't say another word.

Confusion, sorrow, and anxiety cascading onto me like a cave falling in.

"Firey, are you alright?"

He hadn't said anything back.

"Firey, what do you mean by it?"

The sense of nervousness as he stayed quiet, hushing himself as he tried to speak through the croaks of his voice.