Chapter 31

Chapter 31
•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•
There Isn't a Fire Pt. 1
•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Coiny yawned, as he trudged along with the girl beside him, only receiving a side glance from her. It was earlier than he would have liked, the sun barely rising on the eastern horizon as it broke through the buildings. He couldn't recall the exact time but seeing as the sun was barely rising, sleep was all he wanted. Even if it was only for 30 more minutes.

Stretching his arms into the air, he tried keeping pace with Golf Ball who was walking hurriedly through the streets. He hadn't noticed the disarray of pages she had on her clipboard when she knocked on his door earlier that day. Usually, they'd be so tidy but they were all hastily kept together by the clip, some ready to fall.

The cold air was slowly waking him up as he spoke up.

"Remind me why you couldn't have waited for later? Like in the afternoon," the copper-haired boy asked groggily, rubbing his hand across his face. "Because with me being this tired—" he yawned again—" I don't know how I'm supposed to help you."

There was an exasperated sigh as she began tapping the tip of her pen against the clipboard. He could see her shake her head, grumbling, what he assumed to be, curses under her breath.

"Even if it could have waited till the end of time, it's still better to get it over with now."

He hummed, acknowledging her statement as he looked around. The torn-down signs seemed familiar, all collecting dirt and grime.

"Plus it's urgent that we get this over with."

His mind went blank with the words, his mind fully awake now. "Get what over with?"

She stopped in her tracks, turning to look him in the eye. It was a stare that simply said 'are you an idiot'.

"I already told you why I need your help."

"Ehh," he nervously laughed. "I was barely waking up and with your constant shouting, it wasn't helping."

She gave him a deadpan look before continuing to walk. "A couple of the electrical power lines aren't working properly. If it doesn't get resolved, it may cause the entire city to lose power."

"Oh." Despite his question being answered, hIs thoughts faltered as he suddenly stopped. "Wait, then why do you need me?"

"Because I need your assistance."

Coiny couldn't help kvetch at the plain response, putting his hands into his pockets as he began catching up with her. Though it made sense—seeing as he had already helped her beforehand-. And yet the thought of him being the only one who could help her bothered him. Especially with it being so early. He couldn't help but roll his eyes in distaste, trying to find a way out of it.

"And TB? Hasn't he done this type of thing as well?"

GB didn't look up from her board, jotting down notes before she responded. "TB has dealt with similar stuff but I need him to keep an eye on a meter. He's already at the power line waiting for us with some stuff."

Great. So there's no way out of it, he thought.

With a haphazard sigh, he kept up to pace with her.

Let's just get this over with.

To much of his surprise, it was taking longer than expected to arrive at their destination. Golf Ball crossing streets unexpectedly with little to few words during their walk was putting him uneasy. He could see her writing down notes before crossing them out in frustration, the irritation getting to her.