Chapter 15

A/N: SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY. ':0 I've been busy with applying to colleges and then realizing I don't want to go to college for the first year :|

But I'm back and I have writing boiling through my blood. >:)

Chapter 15
•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•
Painstaking Ideals
•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Coiny's P.O.V:

"Hey Pin, I'm back!"

The cans rattled as I picked up the wooden crate from the ground, bringing them into the house. With my leg, I pushed back the open door, closing it with a loud click. With brief hesitation, I set down the crate, pushing it against the wall to not block the exit. I could feel the sweat running down my forehead. Sliding the palm of my hand across my face, trying to get rid of the feeling as I huffed for air.

I looked down the hallway, waiting for a response.

"Pin?"

A sigh left my lips as I started walking towards the living room. Some part of me desperately hoping Pin was there. Another part of me desperately wishing she wasn't. The idea of having to interact with her made me uneasy.

I could sense my body embracing itself for the wave of guilt for the moment I saw her face before I turned the corner. Yet she wasn't there. I scanned the room, looking exactly how it did yesterday. The ash of the burnt wood still in the fireplace pit waiting to be thrown out. The red blanket thrown out on the couch.

I sighed. The memory in my head was as if it had just happened before me; clear.

"Pin, I just got back."

I still got no reply.

It wouldn't surprise me if she never talked to me.

I took off my jacket, folding it from the shoulders before tossing it to the couch.There was a sense of dread the more I spent there. A faint hint of worry and fatigue. A wisp of coffee in the air, swirling along with the terrifying emotions, dreading to eat me. Coffee reeling in memories of softer times.

Just the two of us sitting down and talking about our day.

So domestic.

The more I thought, the more my heart pounded heavily in my chest. How I had messed up was confusing to me. The vivid words repeated in my head, reimagining the scene word by word; like a curse.

'I think I like you too, Leafy.'

Air. I needed to breathe.

I pushed my hair behind as I walked to the sliding glass door, my head growing heavier with the passing seconds of the day. Hand-pressed against the plastic white handle, I heaved the door open, wind hitting my face. I closed my eyes, taking in the blissful silence of the stiff air.

Heavy breath in-slow breath out.

"Coiny?"

I opened my eyes to the sound of my name, flicking my sight towards the sound. With her gray hair tied behind her, she sat down in the grass, just beside the bed of tulips. A glistening look of tiresome stress shunned from her eyes in the quick second we locked eyes.

"I just got home," I spoke, the words falling with little weight as I kept my sight stuck on her.

She stayed silent, the sight in her eyes stuck on the stucco white of my shirt. I rubbed the back of my neck, tempted to speak, but the dryness of my lips kept me from speaking. I batted my sight away, too afraid to say anything.