Chapter 18

A/N: 2,100 words!!! I hope you all enjoy!!! :]

Chapter 18
•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•
Technical Support
•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Pin's P.O.V:

Oh, to sleep.

My legs swayed as I sat on the edge of the counter, waiting for GB to return. Every part of me felt tired, wishing for the moment Coiny walked down those stairs to help me out of the factory. For me to fall into my bed, the only thing that felt like floating on a cloud.

I yawned, my mind ready to press the snooze button. The burning sensation under my eyes stitched itself into my skin, desperately wanting to be in my room in the night's darkness.

Usually, I'd fall asleep the second I walked through my bedroom door. And yet, I couldn't close my eyes for more than a minute. My mind had wandered off into oblivion, retracing nothing but old do-gooder memories.

The grass-so-green was what I missed. When we fell, I could feel it every time. I'd get scratched on my arm or scrape my knee and it would hurt. I'd be able to feel it! But now, that one sense was gone, leaving me so dead. I might as well be.
Sensory wasn't a thing for me anymore-at least, on my limbs. The textures of tall grass fluttering across my skin were gone. I yawned again, covering my mouth with my hand this time. I wanted to be at home, sleeping in until the sundown of next week, hugging a pillow for comfort as normal.

Or Coiny...

I could feel my face heat ‌at the thought. How my brain had a knack for thinking such weirdness at such a time was annoying. It would be unpredictable, like playing roulette. Expected, but not so much.

Like you with Coiny...

"Augh," I half-heartedly yelled.

I covered my face, my face still burning at the mere thought of us together. Such a long-time crush that I so badly wanted to confess. Of course I had, yet it was all so weird.

Leafy...

I shook my head. Nope! Not her. Anything but her.

Still, it stayed as if floating atop a puddle. She was a nice person. Sorta? Ah, it didn't matter. She wasn't near me, and she wasn't close to me! Not anymore, at least. The thoughts buzzed in my head like LED lights in a lonesome corridor.

Best Friend. So much for best friend.

"I'm back!" GolfBall re-emerged from the corridor, pushing aside the translucent PVC strip door as she walked through them. "The test confirmation took a little longer than expected. Overall, the processing chips are still functioning as expected. The gears in all your limbs are in place, except for your left arm," she stated, emphasizing the except as she shuffled around the papers on her clipboard. "Which you said was just experiencing some unnecessary twitching?"

I nodded, pushing behind me the thoughts that had invaded my mind. "Yeah, I didn't want to leave it as a last-minute thing, just as a precaution. It was just that."

The shorter girl stared at me, giving me a side glance as she dug around her papers, eyeing who knows what.

"Well, other than that, your physical exams show you're advancing exponentially." She let the papers fall as she looked at me, an eager glimpse in her eyes. Not one that was eager for my success. It was more of a thrill for the success of her invention-in this case, her experiment; me.

"Do you think you can walk around the room?"

I awkwardly looked around the area, which‌ felt like it had doubled in size.
A nervous chuckle left my lips as I turned back to face her. "Do I have to do it?" I asked, hoping I could somehow pry my way out of it.