Chapter 4

Chapter 2
•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•
Hey
•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Coiny's P.O.V.

The empty ceiling was a canvas for my memories. I kept rethinking small things. Small things that meant too much for me. Even if they were so insignificant.

My head kept dialing back to Goiky. Why?

The sudden disapproval of Leafy was intoxicating but everything felt so, calm. Leafy's random visit caught us all off guard. But Pin telling me later that same night that she had attempted to kill Leafy, was so offputting when looking back.

I hated that I laughed. I hated how we could calmly transition from casual fun to attempted murder. And remembering what we had been doing prior was weird.

She kept glancing at me through the corner of her eyes. And I did the same. I had been admiring her freckles that looked like droplets of paint scattered across her face. The way her metallic grey hair was picked up by the wind, slightly flowing by the gentle breeze of the night. Everything I still admire about her.

That same night I had considered telling her. The idea hurt. How could I say something like that on the same night?

My head spun in so many different directions.

I felt a hoarse sigh escape my lips as I closed my eyes. I felt tired, but I wasn't. I threw my body up and hung my legs off the edge of my bed. I rubbed my eye with my wrist before getting a good look at the alarm clock.

1:23 am.

I forced a smile onto my face. My mind felt conflicted though. The idea of seeing her again was terrifying to a certain degree. She could either kill me or welcome me with open arms. I had the odds of a coin flip.

I laced my shoes on and reached for the purple bomber jacket hanging at end of my bed.

Whichever she chose would be justified.

I stared at the front door for a couple I seconds, my mind questioning whether this was a good idea. The pondering possibility of eternal death lingered in the air. Pinching the bridge of my nose, I contemplated more. The moment I stepped out the door, there was no turning back.

I sighed as I reached out for the doorknob. My hand clutched against the cold brass kob tighter as I tried to choose.

I had let this happen. I had allowed them to practically torture them. And not doing anything now could potentially worsen things for Leafy and Firey in the future. I really didn't have a choice.

Turning the knob, I felt the air hit my face. As much as I would have loved to take in the breeze, I had limited time. With an exasperated sigh, I closed the front door with a quiet click.

It was probably 2 in the morning already, which only left me with less time. I quickened my pace, trying my best to think straight. There were clouds scattered across the sky like strokes of a paintbrush, only letting some moonlight seep through.

The end of the city was near sight by the simple view of the magenta grass along with the various bushes of yoyleberries. However far she was from the city, I could only hope she wasn't dead.

She wasn't.

Right?

Maintaining a steady pace, I felt my brain brew all sorts of thoughts. She couldn't be dead. I, along with the rest of the left contestants, had seen the smoke again.

But a lot can happen in a short amount of time.

Air bottled up in my throat. I could only hope something hadn't killed her in the span of a couple of hours. The smell of the outdoors grew thick, the sight of city lights behind. With every step, my body felt uneasy. Something about her was intimidating. Maybe because I haven't exactly socialized with the girl in years.

I kicked the dirt, letting my mind ponder about the girl.

The few interactions I had with her were charming. Her joyful smile when we lost the competition and the upbeat attitude she maintained throughout the season. There wasn't any way she could have played that charade for such a long time. She

I walked down the hill, the magenta blades of grass softly crunching down to the dirt. I sighed. The twinkling stars shone down with the moonlight being my only light source.

But off the horizon, I saw a warm glow. The warmth fuzziness of fire, in the middle of nowhere. The towering shrubs of yoyleberries everywhere the eye could see surrounding it.

As much as it was a fire hazard, it seemed almost enchanting.

My breath quickened at the sudden realization that she was there. She was still alive and well, living by herself.

I picked up my pace, not being able to tell the time. Fidgeting with the golden cuff of my jacket, I could easily sense my nervousness.

The closer I got to the fire, the more I could feel my mind fight against me.

Every part of me wanted to go back to YoyleCity without a second thought. But I kept going. I wanted to make things better. I wanted to fix up what I hadn't been able to do so months ago.

I couldn't breathe. She was just a couple of yards away. The silhouette of her sitting down grew bigger. I felt every part of me want to disappear.

But curiosity got the best of me.

I stopped in my tracks eyeing the shadow of her posture before walking again. I ran my hand through my hair, moving my copper locks from interfering with the view.

The gentle sounds of the fire crackling with the smell of ashes mixed.

Snap!

I looked down at a now broken stick underneath the sole of my shoe. I dared not look up to where she was. I could hear her get up, the soft crunches of the grass overflowing the air.

It all came to a stop with a muffled gasp.

Awkward silence drenched is before she spoke again. "Who the hell are you?"

It was quickly followed by her footsteps nearing me. I lifted my head, finally getting to see her face. A face I hadn't seen in such a long time. A face that was so different from the one I could remember.

I quickly caught sight of the knife in her hand as she approached me and I immediately darted back.

Yep. This is how I die...

I sighed as I walked backward seeing her face again. I mustered up a forced smile as her unusual disgruntled self made her way towards me. A glance into her eyes and you could tell she didn't recognize me.

With a gulp of air, I let out a hasty chuckle.

"Hey Leafy."

A/N;
SPOOPY SCARY SKELETONS SEND SHIVERS DOWN YOUR SPINE

BOI DO I DESERVE TO DIEEEEEEE.

it's spooky season my bois.