Chapter 9

Trigger Warning: Mentions Throwing Up

Chapter 7
•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•
It's Fine 

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Coiny's P.O.V

A heavy yawn weaved itself out of my mouth, which I quickly disguised as a sigh. Pin turned to me, cup in hand, with a slightly concerned gaze. She took a sip at the warm drink as she kept her eyes on me. She didn't say anything, but her eyes said everything. Her legs tucked in on the couch with the blanket wrapped around her shoulders; she looked relaxed but her eyes shone with concern and glossed with curiosity. In a small glance, I read this in a millisecond and stared down into the coffee filled cup immediately as I darted away my attention. Pin slowly settled down the porcelain kitchenware as she tucked her strands of hair behind her ear.

There was hesitation. It was undeniable.

She fidgeted with her hands as she stared down into the carpet floor, trying to figure out what to say. "Are you okay?"

I–halfway through a sip of coffee–stopped and faced at my roommate. I gulped down the warm drink, my mind trying to steer away from messing up. A forced smile was drawn on my face with ease. "Yeah. Why?"

Pin stayed quiet, her sight now glued to the ground as she pondered.

"You look tired."

I felt my body shake. I let out a scoff as I pushed back my hair with my open hand. "I'm not tired. I'm just–" I stopped myself as I tried defining my words as quickly as possible. "I'm fine." My words trailed off with my train of thoughts.

Pin let out an exhale as she strung her words together. "You don't look fine."

I rolled my eyes, every part of me trying its best to not give it away. I took another sip at the cup before promptly replying with, "I really am. I promise!" My head churned away with the thoughts of death. If she found out, would she tell the others? She wouldn't, right? She didn't seem like one to be too keen of hurting me. My stomach twisted itself, my conscious tearing me apart. I sunk back into my seat, disregarding my body growing uneasy as I let Pin continue.

"Coiny. I can tell when you're not telling the truth."

With my eyes half-lidded, I shot a glance at Pin who was fidgeting with the ends of the blanket. She genuinely looked concerned but was avoiding eye contact, for whatever reason.

I felt my heart pound faster with each passing second. I bit the inside of my cheek, trying to find out how to explain it to her. But my mind just kept replaying the same thoughts. How do you explain to someone that you had been snuck out to say sorry to a social outcast that could potentially get you killed?

 I felt the words get stuck in my throat the more I thought of an explanation. If I could even explain. I wasn't too sure how she felt of the green girl. It was a topic she usually glossed over, disregarding her existence. That should have been enough to tell me, but caution was important.

And how would Leafy react when she wold be told Pin knew. Especially since she was 100 percent aware Pin tried to kill her. She hadn't even forgiven me, yet here I was about to pull the worst mistake I could possibly do. I placed my lips to the rim of the cup, ready to drink. My thoughts overwhelming my head. The smell of the sweetened coffee with the bitter topic of how I felt. How did I feel? Confused, hateful, dread, exhaustion. I could go on and on with a list with everything that made me feel something. But at the same thing I couldn't.

I tipped the cup over to drink.

I mentally sighed. I knew why I couldn't. It would always lead back to Leafy. Everything would somehow find its way trickling down the drain towards Leafy. It was inevitable.

I felt something snap inside me. The churning in my stomach I promptly had ignored earlier had grown and was begging for an escape. I leaned forward–immediately setting down the cup with the tiny engraved plate underneath it–before clutching my mouth with my bare hand. This collected Pin's attention on me again. She was ready to ask me again until I darted it to the bathroom.

I felt the acidic taste of the lunch I had bitting away, yearning for release as I ran down the hallway. The calls of a concerned Pin were muffled out, my only focus to make it just in time. I gagged once more, opening the door, and rushing in without anything in my head besides throwing up. I let it all out the moment my head leaned down once more, the wretched taste and smell of the bile spewing out. A small fit of coughing grew afterwards, the ache in my stomach growing. Knowing the feeling, I lurched forward once again, awaiting the sensation once more. A few moments passed before I felt it. The pain in my stomach grew as the fluids ran up my throat.

A croaky sigh escaped my mouth as my hand gripped the edge of the toilet, barely supporting me up. My entire body felt frail after that. My eyes pricked with faint tears, I smudged them off, trying to recollect myself. The acidic taste lingered in my mouth faintly as I stood up, reaching for the sink. The wanting of erasing the smell grew in seconds as I turned the faucet on, the gush of cold water.

I cupped a handful of water before washing out my mouth with it. A figure loomed over me as I tried cleaning myself up.

"Coiny, are you alright?"

Pin's voice was doused in concern as she shakily made her way towards me. I didn't bother turning around as I knew it was her. I gave no reply as I continued cleaning myself. She sighed as she walked closer to me, clutching onto my arm trying to gain my attention; which she did. I glanced at her through the corner of my eyes, locking onto hers. The soft sound of the rushing watering and the dark room.

I could faintly feel a tear trickle down my cheek followed by another. And another. And another. My breath quickened and before I know it, I'm crying. Pin's expression switches from concern to gloom. Without thinking, she pulls me into a hug, my sobs muffled as I nuzzled my face deeper into her chest. Softly rubbing circles on my back, she mutters a statement I can barely make out.

 "It'll be fine. Don't worry."

A/N: I really like this chapter for some unknown reason. Just really like it. YEEEE. And I hate to say it but I probably should have put it in the beginning, this book will have more mentions of throwing up. Sorry.