Chapter 19

Chapter 19
•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•
Two Content
•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Third Person P.O.V.

Crash!

Pin stared down at the tiled floor, startled by the sudden crash echoing through the room. The ceramic plate that had once sat in the cupboard fine now shattered before her. The dedicated golden edge now ruined along with the soft pastel colors that glazed the plate. She stood agape, still shocked by what she had done.

That was definitely an accident...

The sound of rushing footsteps came through her senses as she bent down to pick up the pieces. Some inclination of her protested against it, the imaginary pain of shards piercing her skin as she collected the mess. The footsteps grew louder until they stood in front of her, gasping heavily.

She knew who the person was. Just the color of his shoes from her peripheral vision told her it was him.

"Pin," Coiny spoke between gasps as he kept his hand pressed against the wall. "What happened?" She opened her mouth to speak, but hesitated in her words. What would she even say? Another accident?

A disgruntled smile came to her face as she struggled to speak. Pin nervously laughed before she said, "Just another accident, ya know?" She kept her sight on the shards in her hands, not daring to look at him. Some part of her knowing how he'd just sigh and grumble like he had yesterday when she needed help. Or the previous day when she struggled to enter her room.

Who knew a sigh could hurt like a dagger?

The anticipation was killing her as she picked up the last piece of the mutilated plate. Too much of her dismay, Coiny sighed just as she stood up to throw the trash. But rather than being a frustrated sigh, it was a soft sigh. One full of bundled joy and sympathy. He followed it up with a chuckle as he grinned.

"Here," he started as he began reaching for the broken shards in her hands, "Let me help you with that." She stood silent as he collected the pieces and headed to the trash bin in the kitchen's corner. It wasn't what she was anticipating.

It had been four days since the news of her being able to walk hit her like a rock falling from the sky. Though she hadn't told her roommate, she felt he knew. He would glance at her when she walked too 'normally' across the hall. Or stare across the dinner table as she ate without help—something just a month or two ago she still needed some help with.

Yet she still pursued her lie—a white lie, as she called it. There was no harm in getting some extra help. And Coiny could always tell her no when he was too busy or bothered by it. After all he had done for her, a few more weeks couldn't bother.

Pin sighed as softly as she could while she stepped away from the mess as Coiny began sweeping up the smaller remains. She could still note the smile on his face as he cleaned the area. The softness in his eyes as he concentrated on the task, despite it being small. It was all too impeccable.

"So what happened?"

His voice snapped her out of her thoughts. The redhead leaned against the counter, a chipper smile drawn on his face. He knows.

"I was just going to," she began, stopping to think. Being caught up with her nervousness, she had forgotten the reason why she even entered the kitchen. What was I going to do? Oh!

"I," Pin stammered, "wanted to drink coffee..."

The domestic household of her dreams. She nearly had it. Sipping coffee by the fireplace as they spoke about their day. Not like she had much to say nowadays regardlessly. She had been staying inside the past few days with the excuse that GB and TB needed the lab empty from other people for 30 days for one of their experiments. So there wasn't much to do besides reading.