Chapter 1

Chapter 1
•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•
Cosmos and Roses
•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Third P.O.V

The peaceful sound of the gentle breeze was reassuring to him as he calmly paced himself to the outskirt of the city. He walked off the dead-end sidewalk onto the magenta grass and continued to the Factory. How Golfball managed to make another factory out here in an abandoned city of all places confused him. Maybe she found it there and just labeled it as her own. Ehh. It didn't really matter.

The small underground entrance to the factory remained wide open as if begging for the souls of the innocent to fall in. Yet without hesitation, he made his way down.

The warm yet creepy ambiance of the place was always uneasy. The heat of the magma at the bottom of the structure always made it seem like there was a giant fireplace. Maybe that's why it felt homey. Despite the fact there was probably someone that had died there.

At the final flight of the stairs, he heard her call out to him. "Coiny! You're a bit early today," Pin slightly questioned as she faced him. She sat on a desk out in the open with Golfball to her side. With a clipboard in her hand, it seemed as if GB had been writing notes. He continued his walk down the stairs as he gave a simple reply. "Yeah," he chuckled awkwardly as he ran his hand behind his neck. "I didn't know what to do, so I came here."

Pin smiled warmly at him.

Coiny walked up to Golfball, who hadn't fretted him. "So what's going on here?"

The grey-haired girl took a glance at him before returning to her notes. "Nothing much. We just did some basic walking tests again, as well as handling tests." She flipped the pages as she skimmed through the writing. He glanced over her shoulders to try and read anything available, but it was to no avail as GB let the pages fall back into their order.

"She's doing better with the robotic limbs, but her left arm could be a bit of a problem. She could experience mild electric shocks." A wave of concern flooded Coiny's mind.

"On a scale from one to ten, exactly how bad are we talking?"

It didn't take a split-second for him to get a response. "Four. Nothing too big but it isn't easy either."

"Oh..."

Pin suddenly spoke from behind them. "It's probably nothing to worry about," she scoffed as tried, shrugging it off.

"But besides that, it's getting better. You can take her if you want," the short girl stated as she took off her reading glasses before shoving them into her pocket. Coiny walked over to Pin, as he began helping her off the desk.

"Careful." He said as he held her arm.

Pin giggled as she slowly jumped down the desk. "You worry too much." He only smiled. With Coiny supporting her, the slowly but surely made their way out of the factory.

"Still can't believe you let her test machinery on you."

Pin turned her gaze to the male. Though it wasn't a spiteful comment, she felt weirdly attacked. "What do you mean?" The awkward curiosity of what her friend meant was weirdly interesting.

The ginger looked the side as they shuffled down the empty streets of the city. The sky was starting to have patches of clouds smudged across the raspberry lemonade sunset. He felt compelled to just ignore her question, despite the fact he knew it would be an asshole move.

"I mean, this is a new type of technology that hasn't been tested and you went with it," Coiny said. They took a turn around a corner as they slowly made their way to their shared house. He let out a heavy sigh, exasperated. "You only thought of it one night by yourself and," he stopped himself as he remembered the day he didn't find her. The constant running and questioning. People trying to find her. It always practical utter chaos.