Chapter Nine

Maya woke up alone in her bed for the seventh morning in a row, she hadn't seen Carina properly since they ordered pizza and watched the scary movie. They bumped into each other once or twice at the hospital but ever since Bailey caught them leaving the supply closet, whenever Bishop is there Bailey watches her and Carina like a hawk. 

Maya wasn't one to complain about pain, she won a gold medal with a sprained ankle but her stomach had been keeping her up all night. It wasn't period cramps, it was something else, something that she was slowly getting more concerned about. She picked up her phone and decided to call Carina.

"Carina hi"

"Hi bambina, I'm about to go into surgery, is this important or can I call you back later?" Carina asked sounding stressed.

"Uh no it's fine" Maya managed to get out sounding normal.

"Okay well I'll talk to you later"

"Yeah okay, see you later"

The pain in Maya's stomach seemed to get a lot worse during that phone call. She managed to make her way out to the kitchen bumping into Andy. "Hey hey Maya what's wrong?"

"My stomach" she whined.

"Period cramps?"

"No this is something else" Maya fell towards the counter, just catching herself.

"Okay Maya, I need you to sit down okay? Have you told Carina about this?" Andy guided the blonde over to the couch, just as they got there Maya fell to the floor.

"Shit Maya, Maya look at me, I'm calling Warren okay"

Andy quickly phoned Warren

BW - "Andy hello"

AH - "Warren get the PRT to Maya's apartment now!"

BW - "Wow wow Andy, I just finished a 24 hour shift, I'll send an aid car"

AH - "I don't care Warren, you won't have a fire Captain if you don't get over here in five minutes!"

BW - "It's Maya? I'm on my way"

"Maya talk to me, where does it hurt?"

Maya managed to point to the pain, at this point it was unbearable, suddenly Maya started throwing up next to her.

"Okay, that sounds like your appendix Maya"

"When did this pain start Maya? You know how this works, you need to tell me for when Warren gets here"

Andy lifted up Maya's shirt revealing her stomach and a unfamiliar scar that she knew nothing about.

"Last night" Maya mumbled.

"Okay okay, and where did the pain start?"

"Middle"

"And the pains now in the side yes?"

Maya managed to nod before throwing up again. Suddenly Ben ran through the door with his medical bag, Emmett following suit.

"What's going on Herrera?"

"I'm guessing appendicitis, I don't have anything to check but from what's she's been saying and the vomiting, that's my best guess"

"Temperature?"

"Feels like it yes"

"Okay Maya, it's me Ben, we're going to get you to Grey Sloan okay"

"You brought Emmett?" Andy asked