Chapter Twenty-Three

The duo had a quick brisk shower washing all their sins away before quickly rushing to the station. Maya reminded Carina of the boys situation.

They ran into the station bumping into Travis, "He's in your office Cap. He's so terrified of us, he will only talk to Vic or Andy" Travis said sadly.

"Yeah he told me a man doctor killed his mamma" Maya sighed. "Okay come on DeLuca"

Maya carefully opened her office door not to spook the little boy.

"Maya's here Frankie" Andy whispered to the half asleep boy on her lap.

Maya walked over to the couch and knelt in front of the boy, "Hey Frankie, you remember me right buddy?" Maya soothed. He nodded his head slowly, "And this is the nice doctor who helped you last time, I brought her in case you needed any help" Maya smiled, Frankie looked up and smiled at Carina stood behind Maya.

"I need to talk to Andy just outside for a minute Frankie, will you sit with Vic and let Dr DeLuca look at you?" Maya asked nicely.

His face filled with panic "You're leaving already?"

"Hey no no, I'll be right outside the door" Maya reassured "Dr DeLuca why don't you show Frankie my secret stash of goodies?"

"You have a secret stash of goodies?" Vic asked offended "How does DeLuca know and not me?"

"She caught me snooping" Maya laughed before leaving her office with Andy behind me.

"Okay so why is a 11 year old boy out by himself at 3am?" Maya asked Andy.

"He said he fell down the steps, I mean the cut on his head and leg are true to that but it also looks like he has so bruising on his neck" Andy shrugged.

"Where's his father?"

"At work, I don't know where or I would have tired to call, he said his dad wears a suit and works where big people go to drink the beer"

"Right okay. Let me go talk to him" Maya smiled.

"I'll go make coffee, you pair look like you need it" Andy laughed.

"Oh yes we do!" Maya was about to walk back into her office when Travis stopped her "Hey Maya"

"Travis, are you okay?" Maya asked confused.

"Were you with DeLuca when Andy rang?" He asked suspiciously.

"Ah no why"

"Because you both turned up at the same time and she's wearing your clothes" Travis asked rising an eyebrow.

Maya tried to hide her blushed cheeks "It's just a coincidence" Maya shrugged

"But she's wearing your Bishop hoodie" Travis furrowed his eyebrows.

"I bumped into her in the car park and she was cold okay?"

"But it's warm in here why-" "Oh my god Travis" Maya laughed "Yes okay if you must know I was naked in bed with her when Andy called!" Maya whisper shouted.

"I knew it! Vic owes me 20 bucks. So she's the orgasm doctor, please tell me about the sex. It's good right? Please tell me it's amazing" Travis rested his chin on his hands as he leant on the desk excitedly.

"You can't tell anyone, and yes it's amazing but right now I have a sobbing eleven year old in my office that I must attend to"

Maya quickly left Travis on reception and headed back in to the boy. "So what are we looking at DeLuca?"

"Head lac, thigh lac, bruising around the neck, possible concussion" Carina smiled weakly.

"Possible trip to GS?" Maya asked trying to be discreet.