Chapter Thirteen

"Carina it's been a week, can I go to the station now? I won't do anything, I just miss being there" the little fire Captain begged sipping on her morning coffee whilst Carina made breakfast.

"Bambina, I know what you're like. You'll hear the alarm and want to help" Carina said understandingly.

"I won't, I just want to make sure everything's okay" Maya gave the doctor puppy eyes.

"Don't look at me like that" Carina laughed "That look doesn't always work"

Maya started pouting, she pulled the doctor in closely staring up at her big brown eyes. "Please" she begged quietly.

Carina rolled her eyes, "How are you feeling? I want the truth"

"I feel fine, a little sore when I move too fast but other than that" Maya smiled, she reached up and pecked her girlfriend "I feel absolutely fine".

"Okay fine but I'm coming with you" Carina finally gave in, "But first come take your meds and eat!"

"Yes Captain" the blonde joked.

The couple sat at the table eating their pancakes, "these are so good babe" Maya smiled taking another bite.

"So I want to talk to you about something" Maya said nervously.

"Okay?" Carina looked at her confused.

"I don't think we should tell anyone.... About us"

"If that's what you want?" Carina smiled.

"You don't mind? I just don't want everyone knowing and especially with Jack" Maya sighed "He will be back with us next week and I don't want him to make my job any harder than it has to be. It's bad enough that he confessed his love to me and I turned him down... again"

"Maya Bishop, the little heart breaker" Carina laughed "But okay okay, we can keep it between us"

"Well apart from Andy, it would be impossible for her not to know" Maya laughed lightly.

"Oh and Andrea knows" Carina gritted her teeth.

"How?" Maya laughed.

"When you were in the hospital, you were asleep on me and he came in to see you.... And well... yeah he knows"

"So both the Andréa's know" Maya sighed then laughed. She held her arms out for Carina to come closer. They stood up in the kitchen hugging and laughing together.

"Can we go now please?" Maya smiled sweetly.

Carina rolled her eyes and put her coat on followed by her shoes. "Come on then"

The couple pulled up to the station in Carina's Porsche, Maya leaned over to kiss her but then realised where they were. "We'd better not until we know we're alone" Maya reluctantly pulled away.

"There's one thing you're forgetting bambina" Carina smiled.

"What?"

"My cars blacked out" she smirked pulling Maya in for a kiss. Maya happily kissed her back, "Mmmm... Okay we should go in" the blonde moaned. "We're here as friends, you're my doctor" Maya said reminding them both not to touch each other in front of the others.

They both got out of the car and made their way to the main doors. "Captain! You're back!" Vic shouted quickly hugging the blonde. "Hi Vic" Maya laughed "I'm not back but I will be soon, this ones making me sit for 23 hours a day" Maya laughed pointing at Carina.

"Hey, Chief Bailey will shout at me if you pop another stitch" Carina defended herself.

"Did I hear our captain?" Travis asked as he ran out of the barn. "I did, how are you? Can you come back yet? Andy's been so grumpy since you left" he laughed joining in on the hug.