Chapter Sixty-Two

All their attentions was turned to the front door as a loud bang echoed through the houseboat and Jack and Dave appeared....

"Hey! Look who I found?" Jack laughed slurring his words. Clearly they were both very drunk by this point.

Everyone quickly jumped up, Carina pushed Maya behind her, Andy standing in front of her too.

"Hey Maya, I saw the calendar..." Jack smirked, "It was a lovely picture"

"Why are you two here?" Dean stepped in, "Dave I already threw you out"

"We're best friends Miller" Jack laughed, "And I wasn't invited to your birthday party? That's cold man"

Dave stumbled from Jack's side and fell down onto a chair.

"We're not doing this now Jack" Dean warned, "You BOTH need to leave"

"Oh come on man, we just wanna celebrate your birthday" Jack smiled, "I brought your strange Japanese whiskey"

Dean walked up to Jack, "I won't tell you again, leave" he said calmly.

"This is a joke" Jack laughed smugly.

Whilst Dean was sorting out Jack, Dave felt the need to stand up and approach Maya.

Andrew stood in his way blocking him from getting any closer, "You've already been kicked out once, don't make us kick you out for a second time because this time it won't be as pretty" Andrew warned.

"Back off man!" Dave shouted and shoved Andrews shoulder.

Carina watched as her little brothers rage instantly built. She didn't know whether to protect him or Maya. Dave was a big guy, not taller than Andrew but more built. Linc and Ryan stood behind Andrew as back up. "Andrea" Carina warned.

"Us DeLuca's can throw a punch, ask Jack's nose and lip. I'm telling you now, leave!" Andrew spat.

Dave let out a little laugh and turned his back. Suddenly he spun around and punch Andrew in the face, Andrew instantly launched at him and threw a punch to his nose. All the guys stepped in trying to break up the fight, a few more punches were thrown but they managed to pin Dave to the floor.

"Andy get my phone" Ryan shouted.

Andy handed Ryan his phone and he called the station.

Not long after the police turned up and arrested Dave. Jack had ran off during the commotion without saying a word to anyone.

Maya made her way out to the back dec during the commotion and sat in one of the chairs drinking a bottle of water alone. Carina was busy looking after Andréa.

"Hey cap" Miller announced.

Maya looked up at him and nodded her head slightly.

"Can I sit?" He asked.

Maya nodded her head and took another swig of her water, "I'm sorry Miller, it's your birthday and I ruined it. I am so sorry" the little Captain apologised.

"Hey Maya, listen to me. It's not your fault" Dean said sincerely, "Neither of us knew Jack would turn up and Dave well... I honestly thought he was a better man, I guess I was wrong"

"Still..." Maya sighed.

"I had a good time, despite the little... disturbance" he laughed quietly. "The DeLuca's sure do love you"

Maya let out a little breath, "I love them both very much but they shouldn't have to defend me... If I hadn't done these things in my past-"

"Okay I'm going to stop you there" Dean interrupted. "You're young Cap, you're allowed to do these things and I'm not saying once you're older you can't. You can do whatever makes you happy, if that means getting into bed with someone different every night then hell, do it" Dean patted Maya on the back softly, "If you were a guy there would be no questions asked, not snarky comments. Just because you're female, it doesn't mean you deserve it. Which is why I'm so glad that Pru has you to look up to"