Chapter Seventeen

"Please tell me she's okay Ben"

The blonde started shaking her girlfriend arm.

Suddenly Carina's eyes shot open as she gasped for air. He body jolted upwards to a sitting position. "Carina" Maya shouted, "Carina you need to keep still"

"No no I'm fine" the Italian insisted.

"Ben what's her vitals" Maya asked.

"They're all looking good, steady. She was probably winded by the force of the blast. I do want to take you for a head CV though" Ben nodded.

"Warren I'm fine" Carina repeated and stood up.

"Are you kidding me Carina?" Maya shouted. Carina shrugged and flattened out her clothes "I'm okay".

Maya scoffed at her girlfriends and stormed off to help the rest of her team.

19 returned back to the station after finishing up with the bus crash. "Restock the engines!" Maya shouted and left for her office.

The blonde fire Captain sat down at her desk and started on the calls paperwork. Carina made her so frustrated, why was she so fucking stubborn. Maya's mood was ruined, she thought Jack would be the reason for her bad mood, not her girlfriend.

There was a knock at the door, "Yes?"

"Captain"

Maya looked up to see her girlfriend stood there. "DeLuca" Maya sighed. "Close the door, and the blindes" the captain ordered.

Maya stood up and walked around her desk, sitting on the edge. "What do you want?" Maya asked bluntly.

"I wanted to come and talk to you"
Carina smiled slightly.

"About?"

Carina paused and didn't say anything.

"About how reckless you were? About how you disobeyed direct ordered? About how you almost got yourself killed!" Maya yelled getting louder and louder.

"I was not going to let her die Maya!"

"It's captain right now!" Maya snapped back.

"I was not going to leave her there to die, Captain!"

"I told you to get out of there, I told you three fucking times DeLuca!"

"I'm not sorry for saving her life, I won't apologise for that!" Carina argued back getting closer to the fire Captain.

"You're lucky Miller and Montgomery were there!" Maya shouted a foot from her girlfriend.

"You sent me in there! You told me to go in there, I was following an order"

"You could have died!" Maya yelled "You could have died Carina" Maya tried to shout but her voice broke. Her emotions taking over her body.

"Maya" Carina whispered, "Bambina", Carina placed her hand on Maya's cheek.

"No Carina" Maya whimpered and pushed Carina's shoulder back "Don't do that", Maya's eyes were glued to the floor, she physically could not look at Carina.

"I'm not doing anything Maya"

Maya took a deep breath and finally looked up at her girlfriends, she stared into her hazel eyes. "I uh- I can't do this" Maya sighed "I can't do this right now. You need to leave"

"No Maya, talk to me, I'm not leaving" Carina sighed holding onto Maya's hand. She laced her fingers with the blondes. "Look at me Bambina"

Maya looked at the brunette, Carina leant forward and placed her forehead against the blondes. "I didn't die Maya, I am okay, I'm right here"