Chapter Twenty-Two

The blonde nervously stood outside the OB's office, she could feel her heart beat in her throat. She took a deep breath and knocked three times, she slowly opened the door and found Carina fast asleep on the couch with tear stained cheeks.

Maya's heart sank, she felt so guilty for the way she spoke to her, she never wanted to make Carina upset, she never wanted to make her cry.

Maya quietly walked over to the sleeping beauty grabbing the blanket off the back and laid down beside her wrapping the blanket over the both of them.

She placed her arm over Carina waist and pulled her in tightly. Carina slightly moved her body to lay on the blonde, "Maya?" Carina mumbled sleepily. "Yeah it's me" Maya said sheepishly.

"Why are you here? I thought you didn't want me" The doctor opened her eyes rubbing the sleep away.

"I'm sorry" Maya sighed "I'm an asshole and I'm so sorry that I spoke to you the way I did, I'm sorry for treating you like shit. I always want you"

The doctor looked down at her hands avoiding any eye contact with the blonde.

"Maya" Carina whispered "I know you're upset and I know your hurting but you really hurt me and right now, I just need to be alone, I don't want you to be here"

Maya took a deep breath, "I don't blame you for hating me, I can't blame you, I was horrible and I know that. My dads dead and he's still controlling my life, I'm scared that I'll end up like him and I really don't want that"

"I don't hate you Maya, I love you more than anything in the world. But the only person that's spoken to me the way you did was my father and I don't need to be reminded of the way he treated me. I left him for that reason, I couldn't deal with his attitude or the shouting"

The realisation hit Maya like a ton of bricks, not only was she acting like her father but she was acting like Carina's father. Neither she wanted to be like.

"Carina" Maya held onto Carina cheek, "I never want you to be scared of me. I am deeply sorry, I was too busy dealing or not dealing with my own feelings that I completely disregarded yours"

Carina nodded slowly and kissed Maya's wrist. "I know bambina" Carina sighed. "I love you and I want you to talk to me even if you don't know what you're feeling, I can help you work things out. I can be there for you. I know you run when you're frustrated and I understand that but I don't want you to struggle or stress on your own"

Maya laid down flat, her one arm slung over her head playing with her own hair, the other wrapped around Carina's back "I try" Maya sighed. "I'm not good with talking or feelings. That's why I told you to leave because I didn't want to yell or shout at you, but then I did end up yelling at you. I don't want you to see me like that"

Carina pulled Maya in closer and laid on top of her body, "Can you try? I won't judge you for feeling upset, I love you and all I want to do is be there for you in every way possible bambina"

Maya looked at the beautiful woman on top of her, "I will try I promise". Maya stroked the brunette's cheek, her thumb sliding over her bottom lip "I love you, I'm so sorry baby. If I could turn back time I would"

"Are you going to start singing Tina Turner to me?" Carina laughed.

"It's actually Cher but I mean, you tried" Maya shrugged then burst out laughing

"Oh shut up" Carina laughed smacking Maya's arm. "But It's okay bella" Carina leaned down and kissed the blondes lips, her kiss was filled with love and passion, electric sparks flew through each individual kiss.