Chapter Fourteen

"Maya! Are you okay?" Andrew asked basically pulling the blonde out of the car and into his arms.

"Andrew, yeah I'm fine" Maya smiled hugging him back.

"You can't do that Maya, you can't just run off" the Italian brother scolded.

"You pair sound like my- well I was going to say my parents" Maya laughed nervously.

"Come on, your very stressed girlfriend has been cooking" Andrew laughed pulling the blonde inside. Carina stood back and laughed at the way Maya and Andrew act together. They really do have an odd friendship.

The trio made their way into the station and up the stairs to the beanery. The whole team were out on a call except Andy.

Andy and Ryan were waiting for the blonde to make a reappearance. As soon as Maya walked through the door Andy ran to her pulling her in. "You need to stop doing that Bishop!" Andy jokingly told her off. "Funnily enough that's what the Italians said" Maya laughed hugging her best friend back. "Your amazing girlfriend has made us some form of pasta, not sure what, but it smells fabulous".

The group sat around the table eating whatever pasta Carina had made. Carina sat right next to Maya holding her hand under the table.

"Maya, your father is still in a holding cell, I've told them to keep him there until tomorrow." Ryan smiled sweetly. "Now I'm not sure of the facts but I am here to help you, you can tell me anything okay?"

The group all looked at Maya, Carina squeezed her hand showing support. "I think you should bambina" Carina whispered. Maya looked at Carina with such scared eyes, "It's okay, I'll be right here the entire time. We are all here for you bella"
"We all love you Maya and we want to make sure you're safe" Andy slipped in.

It took a few minutes for Maya to speak up, she was trying to control her anxiety. "I uh- I don't know what you already know but-uh" Maya stuttered she looked down at her feet. She started fiddling with the rings on Carina's fingers. Her head started to go all fuzzy, she couldn't think straight. So many times she had tried to forget this story, she didn't want to have to go through it all again.

"I uh- he-.... I'm sorry, I can't- I can't do this again" Maya quickly stood up and ran down to her office and went straight to the bunk.

She was so exhausted from today, this wasn't like her, she could normally battle through the tiredness but today she just wanted to sleep.

A few minutes later she felt a pair of familiar arms wrapping around her waist. Carina took her hoodie and leggings off and snuggled in under the covers behind the captain being the big spoon. "Bambina" Carina whispered but Maya just groaned. "Are you tired?" Carina asked. Maya nodded her head. "Okay bella, you can sleep" Carina soothed, she ran her fingers through the blondes hair and placed a soft kiss to her head.

Maya was almost asleep, when she turned herself over and snuggled into the Italians chest. Her hands gripping onto her shirt. Carina always smelt so good, it was calming being in her arms, everything felt natural and loving.

After a few minutes carina looked down to her girlfriend sleeping peacefully in her arms, little snores escaped the blondes mouth. Moments like this made Carina realise that she was falling for the fire Captain. Falling in love with the fire Captain.

Maya always has such a tough exterior, she's strong and hard. Not even her team had seen this side of Maya, Andy had only witnessed it recently. If only the world knew this side of Captain Maya Bishop. The angry puppy that just wanted to be loved... to feel loved. To be able to hold onto someone, to be able to trust someone with their heart. Carina was that someone.