Chapter Forty-Five

They had just arrived back at the station after their weekend of camping. Miller offered to drive and Maya agreed.

Carina noticed Maya being very quiet on the way back, she was distant, didn't talk much. She had her thinking face on and not the good kind of thinking face.

The group hopped off the bus and loaded their individual cars. Maya loaded Carina's car with all their bags.

"DeLuca, my office" Maya ordered and walked into the station.

"Did she just call you DeLuca?" Vic asked.

"Yep, I'm in trouble" Carina sighed.

"Good luck" Andy shouted after her.

Carina walked into Maya's office, the Captain stood behind her desk resting on the back of her chair.

"Am I here as Carina or DeLuca? Because I have a feeling I'm in trouble" the Italian asked.

"DeLuca" Maya sighed and looked to the floor. She looked up "You need to tell Bailey"

"About?" Carina asked.

"Punching Jack"

"Maya... do we really need to go there right now?" The doctor sighed.

"I'm not Maya right now. I'm talking to you as a captain not your girlfriend" Maya let out a deep breath. "You need Bailey on your side. You assaulted a first responder, and as you're a very well respected doctor it will not look good if he reports you"

"He's not going to report me" Carina argued back loudly.

"Lower your voice unless you want the rest of the station to find out"

Carina let out a deep sigh and slouched in the chair opposite May's desk.

"You won't just get yourself in trouble, we're all professionals, well respected professionals. I threatened Gibson, I'm his captain and I threatened him. He could blackmail me, he could blackmail anyone that was there. Potentially ruin our careers if we cover for you"

They stayed in a awkward silence for a few minutes. Carina started tearing up.

"Carina, I love you but..."

"But what Maya?" Carina snapped.

Maya shrugged as a few tears appeared in her eyes "I told you not to hit him" she choked.

Carina sighed as the same thing was happening in her eyes. She gave Maya a final look before walking out to the car.

Maya let out a shaky breath and tried to calm herself. She decided to hit the gym to work out her frustration.

Andy remained waiting outside to see what was going on with Maya and Carina. She was about to get in the car when Carina stormed out of the station with tears in her eyes.

"Whoa Carina, what just happened?" The Latina held onto Carina's arms stopping her.

Carina shook her head as she started to cry, "Okay okay come here" Andy pulled her in close as the Italian cried on her shoulder.

"Shouldn't you be comforting Maya right now?" Carina sniffled.

"No because I know Maya has said something to you, not the other way around. We both know how Maya can be" She ran her fingers through Carina's hair, "How about we head to Joes? I could use a drink" the lieutenant laughed.

Carina stood up straight and sniffled trying to get herself together, "Yeah I could too".

"Let's go!" Andy cheered.