Chapter Ten

"I have to get back to work, I swear half this hospital are having babies this week. Are you okay here Andy?" Carina asked

"Yeah yeah I'll be fine, you'll let me know if anything happens right?" Andy asked panicked.

"Of course I will" Carina smiled, Carina went to walk away when "Oh Carina... can I ask you something?"

"Sí?"

"There's a scar on Maya's stomach, it looked newish, I don't know anything about it. Do you know what happened?" She asked nervously.

Carina sighed "I do yes, but Andy I'm sorry, it's not my place to say"

"But I need to know if she's safe? Did she do it to herself? Did she have surgery? Was she attacked?" Andy asked getting worked up.

"Hey hey, Andy. Come with me" Carina lead Andy out to the coffee cart and ordered them both a coffee. They walked over to the nearest bench and sat down.

"I don't know a lot about Maya history, I mean I've only known her three weeks. I only found out about the scar the night before you walked in on us" Carina laughed nervously. "All I can tell you is she is safe for now. The wound healed perfectly fine, it had nothing to do with her today. It's something that she needs to tell you not me" Carina gave Andy a friendly smile.

"I meant what I said earlier, about her being loving and happy. I know she's high as a kite right now but since she met you, there was something different about her" Andy said honestly.

"I really like her Andy"

"Just be warned, she's a pain in the ass. Stubborn as hell and she will hide herself away, she hides her emotions and feelings. Don't let her okay?"

"Yeah I figured that" Carina laughed

"Oh and this is in the best friend contract... if you hurt her, I hurt you okay?" Andy said seriously.

"Of course, but that's not my plan Andy. I don't want to hurt her, she's been hurt too many times"

"Andy!" Suddenly Vic ran towards them. "What happened? Is she okay?" She asked panicked.

"She's currently in surgery" Carina smiled "Appendicitis but she should be fine, if the surgery goes well"

"What do you mean if?" Vic snapped.

"Hey Vic, calm down. I know this is stressful" Andy said calmly pulling Vic down next to her.

"There's a risk with every surgery performed, whether that's a tooth extraction or a heart transplant. She is currently with the best doctors I know. After this though she will be on bed rest got a few weeks" Carina explained.

"A few weeks? Do you realise who Maya Bishop is? She will be like a caged lion" Vic laughed.

"She just needs... stimulating" Carina shrugged and Andy let out a little laugh.

Carina's pocket started to vibrate, "I have to go, I'm being paged. Vic will you stay with Andy? I've told them to page me when she's out" Carina said as she ran back into the hospital and up to the maternity ward.

A couple of hours had gone by and Maya still wasn't out of surgery, Carina had delivered two more babies since she was paged last.

"Carina, what's going on? Why is it taking so long?" Andy asked as she ran down the corridor after Carina.

"That's what I'm trying to find out Andy, no ones telling me anything and I'm a fucking doctor" Carina said, clearly she was very stressed out. "Wait here, I'm going to the gallery". Carina quickly ran towards the OR's gallery and swung the door open, the gallery was full of interns taking notes.