Chapter Twenty-Nine

"Tanner?" Maya looked up surprised.

"Lovely to see what our tax payers money is going to" he laughed.

"Oh shut up, technically neither of us are scheduled in"

Carina got off Maya and stood next to her.

"Everything alright?" Maya asked

"Yeah yeah everything's fine, I actually wanted to talk to you about something" he said nervously.

"I can go?" Carina suggested.

"Actually can you do something for me?"

Carina nodded "Sí"

"Can you distract Andy, don't tell her I'm here or let her come in here?"

"Okay?" Carina laughed "On one condition" Carina walked over to Ryan and whispered something in his ear making them both laugh.

Maya sat there clueless looking at her suspiciously.

"I'll see what I can do" Ryan laughed and Carina left the room.

"What's up?"

"I want to talk to you about something"

"Okay?" Maya questioned.

"As you know, me and Andy have been dating for over a year... and with Pruitt not being here anymore and she has no family left, I want to ask you something" Ryan sat down smiling nervously.

"I think I know where this is going" Maya laughed "You want to marry her?" Maya questioned.

"I do" Ryan smiled widely "You are her best friend and the closet thing she has to real family. I am so in love with her and I want to make her my wife... so" Ryan paused "I am asking you for permission to marry her"

Maya sat there smiling at him for a minute "Yes of course!"

Ryan fell back in his chair hand on his heart "Oh thank god" he laughed happily.

"Did you really think I would say no?"

"I had a feeling you would say yes but I got a little nervous when you didn't answer" he laughed.

"On one condition" Maya looked at him seriously "You tell me what Carina just said to you"

"Absolutely not, she gets scary when she's angry"

"Wait is Andy pregnant? Is that why you're asking?" Maya looked at him suspiciously

"Uh not that I know no" he replied with wide eyes "But I am off duty now so I also thought I would come by and lend a hand if needed"

"There are a bunch of rowdy teenagers in the barn playing basketball, I think Gibson is in there with them if you want to go and make sure they don't start a fight" Maya laughed.

They both left her office, Ryan making his way to the barn whilst Maya went upstairs to find Carina and Andy.

The blonde found her girlfriend with Andy sat in the lounge watching some kids playing on the PS4's, Andy holding the random baby from earlier.

"Hey Andy, your hot police captain is getting sweaty in the barn" Maya laughed.

"Ooo, this I must see" Andy quickly stood up handing the baby to Carina.

"Have you still not found his mother?" Maya questioned.

Carina shook her head, "I left him with Bailey earlier when I helped you guys outside, no one's come forward or said that they're missing their baby" Carina rolled her eyes.