Girl Meets World

As Kayden finished getting ready for school, He noticed the letter on his bed. His birth father had written it for his 13th birthday, just a couple of days ago. He was scared yet thrilled about what was written inside. Did he and his mom get remarried and want him back? Why did he suddenly want to talk to him after 13 years? He knew a lot about my parents, but he didn't know who they were.

His birth dad, Cory, birth mom, and Topanga were all very close and were the first people to know when his parents got divorced. Cory and Topanga would tell him about his birth parents, but refused to tell him who they were because he wasn't ready to know their identities. Cory and Topanga respected his choice of not to know. But now this letter was making him reevaluate his decision.

Staring at the letter, he finally decided to open it:

Dear Kayden,

Happy 13th birthday son. It must seem strange that I am writing you a letter. First of all, I want you to know your mom and I love you both very much and we could not be prouder of you. We are not perfect parents, but we have done our best to help you make your way through these difficult years growing-up and prepare for the future.There is so much I wish to share with you! I want to tell you what it feels like to fall in love with the person you will marry. I want you to know the indescribable joy I felt when both of you came into my world. And how much it hurt when I had to let you both go. Me and your mother have been keeping in touch with Cory and Topanga and it seems as if you have grown into an amazing young man. We are so proud of you and your talents. Cory constantly tells me how intelligent you are, how well you sing, and that you have picked up the guitar. You have already made me and your mother so proud. When you finish reading this you will hopefully understand the reason we had to give you up. Me and your mother were fighting all the time and we couldn't bring a child in to a broken home. Cory and Topanga were about to have their daughter so we asked if they could take you and they said of course. We do love you and as soon as you are ready I really want to see you. Continue to be the strong, brilliant, talented man you are.

Love,

Your father.

From the letter Kayden could tell his parents loved him and he loved them too. They wanted to make sure he had successful parents that loved each other as well as him. He couldn't be mad at them either, and had already forgiven them when Cory told him he was adopted. He put the letter on his dresser and walk into his sister's room.

Kayden let out a quiet scoff under his breath while simultaneously rolling his eyes at his best friends talking about a subject they had been discussing since he entered the bathroom to get ready. "If you can't decide in the next five minutes, I'm going to choke you-"Maya couldn't help but flinch at her best friend's rather threatening words, as she was quick to shut him up by throwing her hands up into the air and exclaiming, "alright, Riley tell him your dilemma."
The boy turned his focus away from the blonde and towards the conflicted brunette who scored the title of his best friend and sister, Riley Matthews. Kayden nearly caved in as he watched Riley furrowed her eyebrows in confusion while staring at both of her best friends. The girl was too adorable for her own good. "Why do we have to sneak out of the house if we're not doing anything wrong until we sneak onto the subway?"

Riley's hands were folded and placed neatly on her lap, back straight as she sat by her beloved bay window, the same one which both Maya and Kayden seemed to prefer over the front door. Her facial features were twisted into a look of both confusion and innocence, a look that seemed to always have Kayden pouting in adoration for the young girl.

Maya, on the other hand, had one leg crossed over her other and her elbow resting atop Kayden's shoulder while she leaned against the boy, the both of them sitting next to Riley by her bay window. "You think you're ready to just walk by your parents?" Her question held a sense of rhetorical meaning, as she did not expect much of a reply from Riley. Neither did Kayden, to be honest, for both he and Maya knew that Riley was much too kind hearted to disobey her parents.